TITLE: Senior Chemist
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Senior Associate, Systems Design & Measurement
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Chemist in the Systems Design & Measurement team to perform method development, data analysis and reporting in support of Clean Label development programs. The Senior Chemist will focus on understanding compositions of fruits and vegetables.
As a Senior Chemist, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and validating new analytical methods including anion exchange chromatography, size exclusion chromatography, liquid chromatography, MALDI-TOF mass spectroscopy, rheology, and other techniques for plant-based materials
- Independently setting up, operating, and maintaining lab equipment according to standard safety procedures with minimal supervision
- Analyzing material composition and characterization data and documenting daily laboratory activities in lab notebooks
- Interfacing and maintaining relationships with internal and external research partners
- Proactively seeking to progress new product innovations and making suggestions based on collected insights
- Prioritizing efforts to deliver on most important and commercially significant Applied Research and New Product Development projects
The Senior Chemist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Have experience in analytical method development and technical transfer
- Are interested in applied food research and development
- Are intellectually curious and willing to continuously learn
- Are flexible and able to rapidly adapt to dynamic work environment
- Are detail-oriented and able to organize large amounts of data
- Enjoy working in diverse teams, tight timelines, and multiple projects
Qualified candidates will have:
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Food Science, or other related field with 1-3 years in an analytical lab setting or MS with relevant analytical research experience
- Hands-on experience in chromatography and mass spectroscopy instrumentations
- Optional hands-on experience in rheology
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and statistical analysis packages (Origin, Minitab, Igor, etc.)
- Strong chemistry and mathematical skills and familiarity with analytical quantitative calculations
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Expected travel up to approximately 40% to external research lab and other Ingredion facilities
Relocation Available? Relocation within Region considered
Job Grade: F
Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.