Primary responsibility is to lead the activities of shop personnel to safely and efficiently perform their duties. Ongoing responsibilities include reliability, troubleshooting and repair of equipment in coordination with the needs of Operations and Engineering.
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
- Interacts with Operations Leads to coordinate the completion of maintenance and reliability activities to ensure department and plant requirements are met.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of shop employees and the department.
- Lead, promote and administer Safety, Health and Environmental programs to comply with corporate standards and regulatory requirements applicable to areas of responsibility.
Agility and Innovation
- Proactively carries out maintenance activities while balancing cost implications and needs of customers and the abilities and resources of the Maintenance & Reliability group.
- Records and shares information that leads to optimal solutions.
- Uses data and knowledge of improvement techniques to address opportunities.
- Capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
Relationships and People
- Supports and directs hourly maintenance shop employees in the field to facilitate troubleshooting, promote the acquisition of skills and the completion of assigned tasks.
- Develops long term relationships with customers to facilitate knowledge sharing and communication to deliver the best solutions.
- Communication with mechanics through day to day interactions and regular crew meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Knowledge of and application of safe working practices
- Previous supervisory experience
- Knowledge of and experience using CMMS (SAP)
- Technical and/or trade knowledge
- General knowledge of industrial equipment, parts inventories, tools
- Knowledge and use of maintenance standard operating procedures
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Self-motivated and ability to work individually or in a team environment
- High level of organization, ability to multi task and adjust priorities in a changing work environment
- Ability to determine task requirements based on field assessments
- Strong communication and interaction skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to deliver results in a very challenging and fast-paced environment