JOB TITLE: Senior Channel Manager, Global Personal & Home Care
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Director, Global Personal & Home Care
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Channel Manager to develop and manage maximum sales volume and profit margins through planned sales coverage for specific customer base in our Global Personal & Home Care business. The Senior Channel Manger will call on key strategic global and regional customers, manage geographical distributors and develop account plans. The Senior Channel Manager will harmonize the global distributor strategy and help establish a global pricing structure.
As a Senior Channel Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Establishing strategic relationships with key accounts and distributors to sell products, services and alternative solutions to create competitive advantage for the customer. Managing sales territory, customer account coverage and distribution according to Ingredion’s global strategy.
- Developing and executing strategic account plans for key global and regional accounts and collaborative partners to create long-term value for customers and Ingredion, including defined objectives, milestones, and specific opportunities. Coordinating a global distribution and channel management strategy, including long-term growth plans. Ensuring account and distribution plans align with and support the overall growth strategy for the segments.
- Contributing to and supporting the strategic business plan and adjusting sales plans according to market conditions. Working with management to develop accurate sales/demand forecast and sales strategy.
- Applying understanding of customers’ strategies and needs to create innovative solutions and deliver value. Quantifying and articulating current and potential value created for the customer. Identifying opportunities to solve customer problems with existing products or new requirements.
- Working with management to negotiate annual contracts with customers and distributors and managing the development, accuracy and delivery of those contracts. Creating and conducting proposal presentations and RFP’s.
- Creating and developing effective channels of communication with management and global teams regarding market trends, customer needs, sales initiatives, pricing, technical requirements, new product development applications and overall market direction.
- Continually reinforcing value propositions with the customer. Constructing and delivering persuasive sales presentations to diverse audiences.
- Understanding competitive landscape and monitoring competitive developments and activities in the marketplace. Conducting market analyses of customers; understanding needs, competitive pricing, share of wallet and opportunities as part of account planning and growth initiatives.
- Maintaining communication with customer service and credit departments to assure both customer needs and contract obligations are being met. Communicating with demand planning team for timely and accurate forecasting and effectively communicating information to management.
- Developing budget with regions and achieving growth targets.
- Overseeing global CRM system, including customer call reports, territory sales analyses, and quarterly updates to guide regional sales activities.
The Senior Channel Manager position is well-suited for you if you are:
- Solution-driven, highly organized and energized
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Able to leverage networks within and outside of the organization
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline. Master’s degree or MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years’ sales experience with a focus in the Personal or Home care industries.
- Demonstrated ability to organize a sales operating strategy which permits the identification of business opportunities and variables effecting the customer and market.
- Proven track record to grow business and ability to handle financial dealings with customer accounts and distributors.
- Proven negotiation skills and ability to manage complex demands.
- Value and commodity pricing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in functional problem-solving conversations with customers and internal stakeholders regarding issues and the opportunities for resolution.
- Ability to travel up to 40% (including local, regional and global)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com or other CRM system.
Relocation Available? Within country considered
Job Grade: I
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.