Position Location: Argo Plant - Bedford Park, IL
Business Unit: North America
Performs analytical tests independently and accurately to support operations in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform analytical tests independently and accurately as written in test procedures.
- Test samples are to be gathered and tested within expected time frame and stored as required.
- Maintain complete, accurate and legible test records, in accordance with Company policy and record keeping procedure.
- Support in the delivery of laboratory testing services, including Refinery, Oil, Starch, Dextrose and Microbiology to operations.
- Follow all safety and quality guidelines according to Good Laboratory Practices and lab safety requirements.
- Keep work area clean and maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform other work as assigned by laboratory management.
- Provide support by maintaining a communication log and transfer information to lab personnel to continue supporting operations needs to meet customer requirements.
- Work as part of a technical group in a multi-cultural and diverse work environment to accomplish a common goal.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Completed at least two years of coursework towards a Bachelor’s of Science in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology or related field and have GPA 3.0/4.0
- Basic computer skills
- Familiar working in a lab environment
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Eligibility for work in the U.S without sponsorship required. Reliable transportation to the plant is required
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Willingness to learn quickly
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills