Position Location: Indianapolis Plant – Indianapolis, IN
Business Unit: North America
Semester: Summer 2018
Ingredion has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual as a Health, Safety, & Environmental Intern. This position is will assist the Indianapolis facility in achieving world-class safety performance through campaigns, training, and monitoring processes throughout the plant. This position will also support the link between management and union/hourly workforce regarding safety.
- Responsible for personal safety
- Attends daily leadership team meeting
- Attends monthly safety meeting
- Support ongoing training initiatives.
- Lead hands on training such as Fall Protection Inspections, PIT Training, the Injury Analysis Group
- Special assignments or projects relating to EHS.
- Facilitate Industrial Hygiene monitoring, Develop Chemical Hazard Awareness training, Create detailed Emergency Response Guides for site specific hazards, assist with current emphasis program actions
- Develop department specific environmental training.
- Conduct safety audits, inspections, and JSA's.
- Conduct waste studies in different departments.
- Participate in the sites Safety Steering Committee.
- Reconcile emission control unit descriptions in the permit with the plant.
- Review and propose updates and/or changes to current safety programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Progress towards a bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Environmental or related field. Candidates must have completed at least 2 years of college and have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0.
- Assertive, creative, energetic, and positive thinking
- Demonstrate analytical problem solving skills
- Developed multi-tasking and time management skills
- PC skilled with word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet experience
- Qualified candidates must currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the US. These internships are not provided under CPT or OPT.
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Well-organized and team-oriented with leadership potential
- Ability to effect change through persuasion and good communication
- Ability to deliver results in a very challenging and fast-paced environment
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to work as a team member with a variety of people at all levels within the organization
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- High level of integrity and sincerity
- Proactive and innovative with a strong will to succeed