Position Location: Westchester, Illinois
Business Unit: Corporate Controllier
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.
Execute accounting transactions for the U.S. and Canadian Companies, in accordance with GAAP, ensuring transactions are accurate and properly stated. Participate in the month end and year end closing process as required.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements to ensure accurate expenditure data is available for the US/Canadian business as required.
- Prepare and provide financial information for internal/external audits and support external reporting requirements as it relates to hedge accounting
- Assist in the month-end close, including the preparation of monthly journal entries and reconciliations for complex accounting transactions
- Perform account analysis, including testing and documentation related to hedge accounting, and other analysis as requested by manager.
- Identify, initiate and develop system changes with information technology to improve the availability of financial information, minimizing disruption during implementation and creating efficiencies.
- Conduct process reviews to identify improvements to enhance the quality of financial reporting. Lead the implementation of improvements identified through this process.
- Work on special projects focused on technical accounting, including derivative accounting, as requested by Manager.
- Ensure Desk Top Procedures (DTP’s) are written and current for all job functions and that they comply with internal control policies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business partners across the company, including, the North America Commodities Procurement Team, Treasury, and Affiliate Finance groups
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- 2-5 years accounting experience in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, develop solutions and make and support decisions to resolve problems and take advantage of opportunities.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to various levels within the organization as well as to external customers and vendors.
- Proven proficiency in the use of Windows software programs (i.e., Excel, Access, etc.)
- SAP experience a plus.
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- Demonstrates initiative and uses functional knowledge of business and markets to execute goals.
- Finds improvement opportunities and delivers them.
- Works collaboratively with peers and others.
- Embraces changes and is open to new ideas and approaches.
Relocation Available? Yes; Considered for current Ingredion employees in U.S. / Canada
Job Grade: E
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.