Job Title: Accountant – BPC
Position Location: Westchester, Illinois
Business Unit: Corporate Controlling
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.
Manage and administer the SAP BPC Consolidation system. Serve as the knowledge expert and oversee the development and implementation of BPC enhancements to streamline the consolidations and reporting processes.
- Assist accounting team in the monthly BPC consolidation process, ensuring a high level of accuracy and automation.
- Serve as knowledge expert and assist affiliates with BPC reporting and consolidations.
- Keep current of new BPC system developments and best practices. Evaluate system changes and oversee communication and deployment of these enhancements to global affiliates.
- Conduct user training and coach global team members on BPC, develop and refine training materials as needed.
- Develop and maintain BPC reports and input templates.
- Manage BPC system administration, including maintaining user access
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with both SSC and Global Business units that will help facilitate effective communication of business needs
- Conduct process reviews to identify improvements to enhance the quality of financial reporting. Lead the implementation of improvements identified through this process.
- Ensure Desk Top Procedures (DTP’s) are written and current for all job functions and that they comply with internal control policies.
- Train new staff in the department as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2-5 years accounting experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand business processes and articulate business issues as they relate to financial data
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, develop solutions and make and support decisions to resolve problems and take advantage of opportunities
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to various levels within the organization as well as to external customers and vendors
- Proven proficiency in the use of MS Suite programs (i.e., Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
- SAP and BPC Consolidations experience a plus.
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- Demonstrates initiative and uses functional knowledge of business and markets to execute goals
- Finds improvement opportunities and delivers them
- Works collaboratively with peers and others
- Embraces changes and is open to new ideas and approaches.
Relocation Available? Yes; Considered for current Ingredion employees in U.S. / Canada
Job Grade: E