Position Location: Argo Plant – Bedford Park, IL
Business Unit: North America Finance
Perform financial analysis, assemble relevant data and provide sufficient financial support to facilitate the North America Region’s business planning and decision making processes to ensure the profitability and sustainability of the business. Participate in the month-end and year-end closing processes as required.
Key Deliverables/Critical Deliverables
- Capital Planning & Execution – Review and assist in the development of permit and capital expenditure recommendations across Sweetener locations by ensuring sound business justification, validating assumptions, understanding and developing discounted cash flow models, interacting with all stakeholders and summarizing relevant data meaningfully. Facilitate execution of capital allocation by aiding in forecasting and reporting of actual spend, ensuring timely approval of projects, tracking individual project progression and completing closing reports in a timely manner. Assist and guide stakeholders in capital software understanding, input and approvals.
- Asset Verifications – Manage the safeguarding of company assets across Sweetener plants by ensuring that asset verifications are completed and documented in accordance with internal control policies.
- Forecasting/Budgeting - Work cross-functionally across Sweetener plants to prepare monthly forecasts and periodic budgets over plant depreciation and permit spending.
- Business Process Procedures – Ensure Business Process Procedures (BPP’s) are written and current for all job functions and they comply with internal control policies.
Agility and Innovation
- Process Improvement – Conduct process reviews to standardize and enhance the quality of financial reporting across Sweetener plants; Lead the implementation of improvements identified through this process.
- System Changes – Identify and initiate system changes with information technology to improve the availability of financial information.
Relationships and People
- Develop Relationships – Build and maintain collaborative relationships with all units and functional managers across multiple locations to ensure accurate and timely reporting of plant performance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Must be able to analyze financial results and assess financial/strategic impacts of business decisions
- Must have a working knowledge of balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, and working capital analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting concepts and theories used in the business environment
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to various levels within the organization
- Proven proficiency in the use of MS Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Travel required as necessary
Desired Behavior, Personal Attributes (Success Drivers and Competencies):
- Demonstrates initiative and possesses strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Exhibits prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to work within deadlines
- Works collaboratively with peers and others
- Embraces changes and is open to new ideas and approaches
Relocation Available: Yes; Considered for U.S. / Canada Employees