Job Title: ME Plant Accountant
Position Location: Indianapolis Plant – Indianapolis, IN
Business Unit: North America Finance
Execute accounting transactions in accordance with U.S. GAAP ensuring transactions are accurately and properly stated. Develop, analyze and report plant spending to management for comparison of actual costs to plan and latest estimates. Participate in month-end and year-end closing processes as required.
Key Deliverables/Critical Deliverables
- Financial Reporting – Participate in the preparation of accurate and timely month-end plant spending reports of Ingredients plants and provide actual to budget variance explanations. Provide relevant supporting documentation to internal and external customers as needed.
- Forecasting/Budgeting - Work cross-functionally across Ingredients plants and monitor trends to prepare monthly forecasts and periodic budgets over plant spending.
- Inventory Analysis – Review daily production and inventory adjustments to ensure accurate and timely performance reporting of Ingredients plants. Oversee inventory receipts/balances to ensure accurate and timely reporting of plant Balance Sheet accounts.
- Account Reconciliations – Prepare monthly account reconciliations in a timely manner to ensure internal control policies are being followed.
- Audit Activities – Perform monthly, quarterly and annual Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
- Business Process Procedures – Ensure Business Process Procedures (BPP’s) are written and current for all job functions and they comply with internal control policies.
Agility and Innovation
- Account Analysis – Perform analyses of various spending accounts to proactively identify and communicate spending issues to the Ingredients plants and recommend action. Maintain plant-level fringe benefit analysis, including drivers and analysis of fringe accruals.
- Process Improvement – Conduct process reviews to identify improvements to enhance the quality of financial reporting; Lead the implementation of improvements identified through this process.
Relationships and People
- Develop Relationships – Build and maintain collaborative relationships with all units and functional managers across multiple locations to ensure accurate and timely reporting of plant performance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 0-3 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting concepts and theories used in the business environment
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to various levels within the organization
- Proven proficiency in the use of MS Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Travel required as necessary
Desired Behavior, Personal Attributes (Success Drivers and Competencies):
- Demonstrates initiative and possesses strong problem solving abilities
- Exhibits prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to work within deadlines
- Works collaboratively with peers and others
- Embraces changes and is open to new ideas and approaches
Relocation Available: Yes; Considered for current Ingredion employees in U.S. / Canada