Position Location: Argo Plant - Bedford Park, IL
Business Unit: North America
The Process Engineer co-op will partner with senior engineers and managers to monitor process conditions, provide engineering support, implement process improvements, and assist in meeting safety, quality, production, and cost goals.
Process Support and Improvement – Provide technical support to maintenance and operations groups including, process studies, troubleshooting, process optimization, and maintenance of historical data to identify, monitor and control key operating parameters.
Engineering and Projects – Work on capital permits, projects, and engineering studies as assigned to support plant goals. Assist with projects and in compliance with Ingredion’s ethics, safety, and engineering standards. Conduct process training and ensures documentation is up to date.
Safety – Provide technical support to the plant safety professional on facility safety initiatives when designing and/or redesigning work processes to eliminate workplace injuries and illnesses.
Technology – Keeps current in discipline, assess new technologies and ideas, develop, evaluate, and seek approval for new concepts to improve the efficiency and the capability of the process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Ability to work two consecutive sessions is preferred with interest in pursuing future employment with Ingredion.
- Abillity to work 40hrs/week during co-op term.
- Student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering and have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0.
- Ability to learn/understand the corn wet milling process, and the systems and principals involved in its operation.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify improvement opportunities, implement action plans and follow-up to ensure results.
- Ability to work on capital projects/permits, and perform engineering functions in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present technical information and prepare concisely written reports.
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, build consensus, and foster relationships across levels and functions.
- Demonstrated degree of sound judgment, resourcefulness, initiative, and innovation in problem solving.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.