Position Location: Winston-Salem Plant, Winston-Salem, NC
Business Unit: North America
The Continuous Improvement Engineer Intern will work with a Mentor to gain valuable real-world experience in issues that impact business processes. This role will support Lean Six Sigma manufacturing methodologies, as well as facilitating an operational culture of Lean thinking.
- Assists manager in establishing baseline and target metrics for key business/functional processes.
- Works with LSS Practitioners and Continuous Improvement Teams to understand and build organizational strengths.
- Set up and perform measurement system analysis as needed as part of LSS projects and as requested by the lab.
- Obtain LSS Yellow Belt and complete a minimum of one project.
- Participate in root cause analysis that utilizes team problem solving approach to resolve issues identified in design or manufacturing, and supports execution of corrective actions.
- Participate in small Kaizen events / workshops and process improvement teams.
- Utilize data analysis tools to identify improvement opportunities in different areas.
- Assist with the facilitation of idea generation workshops with operators and management.
- Collaborates across business and functional units in the region to ensure alignment of improvement initiative.
- Work as part of a technical group in a multi-cultural and diverse work environment to accomplish a common goal.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Completed at least two years of coursework towards a Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or related field.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0
- Assertive, creative, energetic, and positive thinking
- Demonstrate analytical problem solving skills
- Developed multi-tasking and time management skills
- PC skilled with word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet experience
- Eligibility for work in the U.S without sponsorship required. Reliable transportation to the plant is required
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Leadership Imperatives And Competencies):
- Demonstrated leadership capability and the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team with strong leadership, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, strong work ethic, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team member with a variety of people at all levels within the organization
- Proactive and innovative with a strong will to succeed