Position Location: Winston-Salem Plant, Winston-Salem, NC
Business Unit: North America
The Continuous Improvement Engineer Intern will work with a Mentor to gain valuable real-world experience in issues that impact business processes. This role will support Lean Six Sigma manufacturing methodologies, as well as facilitating an operational culture of Lean thinking.
- Assists manager in establishing baseline and target metrics for key business/functional processes.
- Works with LSS Practitioners and Continuous Improvement Teams to understand and build organizational strengths.
- Set up and perform measurement system analysis as needed as part of LSS projects and as requested by the lab.
- Obtain LSS Yellow Belt and complete a minimum of one project.
- Participate in root cause analysis that utilizes team problem solving approach to resolve issues identified in design or manufacturing, and supports execution of corrective actions.
- Participate in small Kaizen events / workshops and process improvement teams.
- Utilize data analysis tools to identify improvement opportunities in different areas.
- Assist with the facilitation of idea generation workshops with operators and management.
- Collaborates across business and functional units in the region to ensure alignment of improvement initiative.
- Work as part of a technical group in a multi-cultural and diverse work environment to accomplish a common goal.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Completed at least two years of coursework towards a Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or related field.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work 40hrs/week during internship term
- Assertive, creative, energetic, and positive thinking
- Demonstrate analytical problem solving skills
- Developed multi-tasking and time management skills
- PC skilled with word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet experience
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Leadership Imperatives And Competencies):
- Demonstrated leadership capability and the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team with strong leadership, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, strong work ethic, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team member with a variety of people at all levels within the organization
- Proactive and innovative with a strong will to succeed
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.