Senior Data Analyst – Internal Audit
Position Location: Westchester, IL
Business Unit: Corporate Finance / Internal Audit
The Senior Data Analyst – Internal Audit, is a core member of the Internal Audit department, under the supervision of the IT Audit Manager, supporting the overall data analytics strategy. The data analytics strategy includes advanced auditing techniques of analyzing data both small to large, low complexity to high and geographical scope from local to global, to identify anomalies, policy non-compliance and internal control weaknesses.
- Develop, implement, support, and maintain data analytics protocols, standards, and tools, as well as distribution of analytics prior to and/or during audit fieldwork.
- Analyze complex data, identify anomalies/trends/risks, and provide useable insight to improve internal controls.
- Prepare documentation and analytic dashboards/reports that effectively and efficiently provides summarized results, analysis, conclusions to stakeholders, with supporting details readily available.
- Address ad-hoc analytics requests and facilitate needed data acquisition, as needed, to support internal audit projects, special projects, and investigations.
- Contribute to audit fieldwork activities for overall process improvement and efficiencies.
- Provide training and inter-departmental guidance to leverage and champion data analysis.
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, MIS, or related fields.
- 3+ years working experience in audit, internal controls, consulting, IT or risk management fields.
- Experience with data visualization tools, Tableau is preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP is preferred.
- Experience in extracting, handling, mining, and querying data; including large and/or complex data sets.
- Process mapping and flowcharting experience using Microsoft Visio, are a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Professional certifications preferred (e.g., ACDA, CPA, CA, CIA, CFE, CPIM, CISA)
- Bi-lingual preferred from one or more of the following languages: Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish, or Thai
Desired behaviors & experiences:
Knowledge of data analytics practices and concepts (e.g., outlier, patterns, trend, and regression analyses)
- Develop innovative ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities
- Strong focus on the customers/stakeholders ensuring ongoing alignment of expectations, requirements and business value/outcome.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communications skills to interact with all levels, including management.
- Understanding and application of internal audit principles, with strong ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Willingness to work hours as needed to meet critical deadlines.
Relocation Available: No
Job Grade: G