Position Location: Westchester, IL
Business Unit: North America Supply Chain
Lead the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives in the US/CA Supply Chain. Partner with the NA Continuous Improvement leadership team to advance Lean Six Sigma and transform the business.
Supervision: One CI Analyst
- Lead the Lean Six Sigma implementation strategy, define resource requirements and deliver performance metrics within Supply Chain in concert with the North America Continuous Improvement Steering Committee (NACISC) and the company wide strategy.
- Develop and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Continuous Improvement projects within Supply Chain. Analyze benefits of potential projects and present business cases to management for approval.
- Lead Lean Six Sigma teams working on projects to deliver process improvements and financially contribute to the business, leveraging the results throughout the organization.
- Support other Lean Six Sigma teams as required.
- Manage against site and in-country savings targets for continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide leadership and support to continuous improvement systems implementations such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) initiatives across US CA Ingredion sites
- Establish and lead a data driven culture of continuous process improvement throughout the plants utilizing Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Serve as a focal point for continuous improvement activities and be recognized as a visible champion and expert in-country resource.
- Maintain and continue to expand personal knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methods and tools.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and updating training materials and coordinate the training efforts for Green, Yellow, and White belts in various aspects of continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional leadership to identify initiatives and establish priorities based on corporate, regional and site business objectives.
- Communicate the status and results of projects to key stakeholders.
- Foster positive relationships with and between team members, plants, support functions, etc.
- Mentor, coach and train black and green belts and project team members to further develop capabilities and positive project outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or another related STEM field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an operations, technical, or a business role.
- Formally trained as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (preferred) or capacity to become a Black Belt within 6-12 months. Possesses capacity to become a Master Black Belt within a reasonable period of time.
- Knowledge of Corn Wet Milling or other unit-based manufacturing processes a plus.
- Capable of leading and championing a data-oriented environment with an emphasis on statistics, process improvement, and data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to lead as a change agent.
- Strong project management, presentation, communication and coaching skills.
- Fluency in (US) English is required.
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- Leverage understanding of the business operating environment and customer needs to deliver results effectively and within budget.
- Consistently focus on achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple, complex demands.
- Accept and deals effectively with dynamic change and supports his or her colleagues.
- Eagerly implement improvements by keeping an open mind and actively incorporating changes.
- Proactively help others and responds to their business needs to build strong working relationships.
- Seek opportunities (training, projects, etc.) that develop knowledge and skills to become a stronger contributor.
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: I