TITLE: Production & Continuous Improvement Manager
LOCATION: Salem, OR
The Production & Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for the organizing, directing and coordinating of all production operations through the Shift Supervisors. This will also lead continuous improvement by initiating and sustaining Lean Six Sigma manufacturing methodologies, as well as facilitating an operational culture of Lean thinking. The Production Manager will directly manage a team of four Shift Supervisors with 60 indirect reports.
The Operations Team is focused on delivering solutions that can help produce first time quality fruit and vegetable ingredients in a safe and efficient manner. Join a collaborative group of solution driven employees working to deliver value for our customers.
As a Production & Continuous Improvement Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor process conditions and operational activities taking corrective action as needed to ensure operation of the process in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Direct daily plant activities to ensure product safety and quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Work with the Production Shift Supervisors to develop employees through coaching and training to maximize performance.
- Work cross functionally with other departments to ensure all aspects of our process are meeting both internal and external customer specifications, including maintenance of equipment.
- Identify areas of opportunity and initiate projects with achievable goals while supporting operations through facilitation and implementation of Continual Improvement projects, sustaining, improving, and streamlining overall processes within the organization
The Production & Continuous Improvement Manager position is well-suited for you if you:
- Push to continually drive personal and organizational results, take educated risks on business opportunities and benchmark external best practices to outperform the competition.
- Create a talent culture founded on a strong conviction that superior talent delivers superior results; scout to find the best people, drive performance, coach transparently, and build strong teams globally.
- Regularly identify areas that can be improved and constructively propose new solutions that increase value and improve business performance; as well as explore multiple possibilities for tackling challenges, think “out of the box” to determine the best solution.
- Proactively seek to improve knowledge of our customers, their markets and business to ensure plan delivery.
- Challenge the status quo and promote bold thinking in order to create value.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in manufacturing preferably in leading/implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and the ability to concisely communicate objectives and results to reach targeted goals.
- Knowledge of common food processes, food ingredient functionality, and ingredient interactions a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing several projects/initiatives at one time and advanced problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; including speaking effectively before customers or employees.
- Lean Six Sigma green belt certification preferred.
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Kerr Concentrates is the company for you.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
Relocation Available? Yes
Job Grade: G