JOB TITLE: Senior Engineer, Process Technology
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Senior Engineering Associate, Process Technology
The Senior Engineer in the Process Technology Group will be responsible for supporting process research and commercialization on technologies that enable new product development or support Ingredion’s sustainability agenda. In this role the, the Senior Engineer will be leading or supporting projects across multiple businesses.
Supporting investigation into new process technologies
Scanning open literature for emerging technologies related to the field
Making recommendations for commercializing new technologies supported by experimental data
Performing lab and pilot plant experiments to support new product development or process innovation projects
Analyzing production data to identify root cause for process failures
Leading scale-up trials at manufacturing locations
Collaborating effectively with manufacturing personnel and cross-functional teams to commercialize new products/processes, as well as troubleshoot and optimize processes.
Actively participating in project team meetings, and provide status updates with regard to project plans & milestones
Writing reports and effectively communicating results to project teams and stakeholders
Preparing & maintaining updated task level project plans
- BS in chemical engineering with 3+ years of work experience or MS in chemical engineering
- Pilot development experience and/or automation experience is a plus, preferably in an R&D organization within the food or pharmaceuticals industry.
- Flexibility to handle and manage both long-term development projects and short-term problem solving needs
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Ability to constructively interact with colleagues from a wide variety of roles within the company
- Critical analytical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to work on both research & manufacturing oriented projects
- Strong computer and communication skills, both written and oral
- Willingness for overnight travel (25-30%)- both domestic and international travel
Relocation Available: Within Region Considered
Job Grade: F
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.