JOB TITLE: Director, Global Nutrition
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Global Nutrition, Delivery Systems and Beauty & Home
Ingredion is hiring a Director of Global Nutrition to provide leadership and strategic direction for our Global Nutrition platform. The Director will lead the development and delivery of the global strategic plan, annual goal, business development and research programs to drive profitable growth for the platform. The Director will support the regional business in securing new customers, driving growth and building local capabilities. The Director will manage a team of 4 direct reports with overall oversight of a team of 12 marketing and technical professionals. He/she will direct the Nutrition development and applications team in developing and executing an innovation and product strategy for the platform and coordinate those efforts with regional leadership and Go-to-market teams to ensure effective global execution of our Nutrition strategy.
As Director, Global Nutrition, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development of the annual goal for the global Nutrition platform. Working with regional leadership in preparing annual goal, developing specific plans, and establishing priorities and objectives and track milestones.
- Working with regional Nutrition leaders, GM’s and local teams to proactively drive achievement of the annual goal. Leading specific business development initiatives at strategic customers within the region. Owning the global P&L for the platform and preparing regular financial updates and assessments of performance.
- Leading the development of a 5 year Nutrition strategic plan. Working with regional teams to execute strategy and maintain and update the strategy as required.
- Driving the development and execution of the Nutrition Innovation strategy, developing and maintaining long-term roadmaps, establishing priorities and lead in preparing business cases to support new product introductions and associated capital additions.
- Developing and maintaining an acquisition strategy working closely with the Corporate Strategy group to evaluate opportunities and support the acquisition process.
- Developing and implementing plans to communicate Nutrition capabilities, products and services to target customers. Ensuring the marketing communication plans and materials are harmonized globally.
- Overseeing global multinational customer efforts and managing issues regarding the current product and customer portfolio.
- Supporting the development of capital plans, and long- term and annual supply plans.
- Providing a consolidated view of platform performance working closely with regions to ensure alignment of targets and plans.
- Working closely with R&D leadership to manage the delivery of new technologies, products and applications required to achieve business plans. Leveraging existing product lines to deliver as needed in these areas.
- Leading the development of specific Nutrition research programs including short and long-term projects along with research strategy to support the marketing strategy.
- Overseeing the development of research strategies and clinical studies that provide scientific support for current and new nutritional ingredients.
- Working with regional go-to-market teams to develop a deep understanding of the platform, its products and value propositions, and build marketing and technical support capabilities within the region.
- Executing plans to develop strong marketing and technical talent to deliver current and future business as well as research requirements within the Nutrition Springboard team and broader organization. Managing talent management and development processes within the global Nutrition team to ensure talent goals are completed.
- Regularly traveling to regions to directly engage leaders and drive projects and organizational alignment. Serving as a resource for the regions in trouble shooting issues and challenges impeding delivery of objectives.
The Director, Global Nutrition position is well-suited for you if you:
- Can translate business strategies into actionable plans by using market and functional knowledge.
- Quickly adapts to a changing context and successfully adapt organizational systems and processes.
- Bring best practices to the organization and recognize and promote new ideas.
- Proactively engage the right resources in setting challenging goals and delivering results. Lead indirectly, through influence and personal example.
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships across functions and help teams successfully navigate competing priorities.
- Build morale across teams by providing clear direction, recognition and positive feedback.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical and/or marketing field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in B2B marketing and/or direct consumer packaged goods marketing role, preferably with experience of the nutrition market and customers.
- Demonstrated success in developing and launching new products, either novel ingredients or packed food products. Nutrition product launch experience preferred.
- Past P&L responsibility for a business or business segment with sales exceeding $50 million.
- Experience in understanding global Nutrition trends and communicating industry insight both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional and global teams with direct experience in managing technology/product research and development. Demonstrated ability to manage network/matrix organizations to achieve business objectives.
- Experience with current market research techniques and application.
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into tangible business plans and actions.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to lead, inspire and communicate with confidence to most senior levels of management.
- Technically strong with ability to understand technology concepts and communicate to various levels within organization.
- Up to 30 % of domestic and international travel required.
Relocation Available? Yes-Relocation will be considered
Job Grade: J
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.