JOB TITLE: Associate Manager, Product Management and Marketing-Sweetness
LOCATION: Westchester, IL
REPORTS TO: Senior Marketing Manager Sweetness and Beverage
Ingredion is hiring an Associate Marketing Manager-Sweetness to help drive the execution and planning of activities for our Sweetness platform. The Associate Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting platform management activities and growth initiatives and objectives within the North America Sweetness team.
As an Associate Marketing Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding Sweetness platform drivers, products and customers. Coordinating regular financial reviews of actual vs goal variances and supporting the realignment and communication of deviations with key stakeholders.
- Providing periodic updates on business strategies, initiatives and progress to the commercial teams and senior management.
- Involvement and assistance in all aspects of new product commercialization and launches in the region.
- Working closely with demand planning and product management teams to ensure manufacturing production plans align with demand plans.
- Assisting with ownership of the sales opportunity pipeline, monitoring progress vs. goal, and highlighting support needs or discrepancies. Working with commercial teams to understand and capture key customer product application and development in progress. Monitoring sample activities and tracking opportunities.
- Partnering with commercial teams to assist business development initiatives and address potential customer needs.
- Fostering and supporting existing and new product development pipelines. Working with technical development team, sales, segment leaders and marketing to identify new products and extension opportunities.
- Maintaining competitive product and pricing information. Monitoring external competitor activity (including updates industry Supply & Demand information) to ensure competitiveness and attainment of profitability goals.
- Contributing with regional marketing efforts and supporting and influencing the planning process. Owning the development and implementation of marketing tactics through close partnership with internal marketing communications team and external creative agency.
- Extracting, analyzing and presenting market insights and prospect lists. Aiding in the design, implementation and communication of consumer research in conjunction with the insights team and external consumer research team.
- Providing support in planning and implementation of strategies related to Tradeshows, conferences and key sponsorship opportunities.
The Associate Marketing Manager position is well-suited for you if you:
- Consistently focus on achieving strong results and can balance multiple, complex demands.
- Identify areas to be improved and propose new solutions to increase value and improve business performance.
- Understand business, operating environments and customer needs to deliver results and within budget.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business field with 3+ years’ experience in Marketing or customer-facing role. Food and beverage industry background is favored.
- MBA is a plus. International business experience favored.
- Familiarity with planning, development and execution of marketing communication tactics.
- Familiarity with Marketing tools (IRI, Mintel, Euromonitor).
- Strong analytical skills, and experience in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and SAP Business Warehouse.
- Demonstrated ability in project management in matrix organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a large variety of tasks and information in a fast paced environment where timely decision making from limited data and research time is critical.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to present technical data and business cases in formal and informal settings.
- Strong team player and comfortable in a matrix organization
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: F
Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.