JOB TITLE: Regulatory Specialist- Food Ingredients/Personal Care
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Product Assurance and Regulatory Affairs (PARA)
Ingredion is hiring a Regulatory Specialist to support the efforts to maintain regulatory compliance for matters pertaining to the safety, labeling, marketing, and claims for our new sweeteners, ingredient specialties, and industrial, personal and home care products. The Regulatory Specialist will be interpreting regulations and implementing sound guidance and company policy to comply with applicable regulations in the United States with some exposure to international regulations.
As Regulatory Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting regulatory approval programs to obtain approvals (GRAS, food additive petition, dietary fiber, food contact notifications, etc.) for new ingredients, or approval for expanded use of existing ingredients.
- In conjunction with global regulatory colleagues, conducting regulatory assessments on new ingredients and claims.
- Participating on stage gate project teams by providing advice and guidance on regulatory compliance or approval matters.
- Conducting US regulatory compliance review for new and modified products in the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
- Staying up-to-date on relevant changes in the US and international regulations that impact our product line.
- Administering compliance requirements of the EPA Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), initiating Pre-Market Notifications, and assignment of Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) codes to new products.
- Assuring new GHS compliant safety data sheets and labels are prepared and maintained in HAZOX. Assuring that new raw materials are reviewed and approved
- Advising on issues including package labeling and common name, product safety and risk assessment analysis, product and package label claims and claim support.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of robust processes and systems to enable continuous improvement of the PARA function.
- Interacting with regional PARA professionals, US marketing, sales and technical members and our
- commercial teams and industrial business units
- Interacting with external customers and governmental regulatory agencies and scientific, regulatory and toxicology consultants.
- Working with Trade and scientific associations, such as Corn Refiners Association, Calorie Control Council, International Stevia Council, & Council for Responsible Nutrition
The Regulatory Specialist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Work in a team environment and possess a high degree of integrity and standards
- Form and values strong interpersonal relationships and have multi-cultural/international awareness and sensitivity
Qualified candidates will have:
- BS or MS in a scientific discipline such as Chemistry, Food Science, Cereal Science, Biology or Toxicology with 2-5 years of food, personal care and/or industrial regulatory compliance experience. Familiarity with national chemical inventories and new chemical approval processes is a plus.
- Ability to set, prioritize and enable achievement of ambitious goals.
- Effective oral and written communicator, strong listening skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Relocation Available? Yes-/ Within country
Job Grade: G
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.