Job Title: Logistics Intern
Position Location: Westchester Office – Westchester, IL
Business Unit: North America
Semester: Summer 2018
This intern position is responsible for supporting the North American logistics strategy including bulk and dry van truck, intermodal and LTL, rail and international modes. The goal is to work with senior management to support the overarching strategy using continuous improvement best practices to control cost and improve service levels ensuring customer satisfaction is met. Role will require the support of various projects / initiatives working with areas of supply chain including manufacturing plants, distribution, customer service and sales.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for operations including pricing requests, dedicated fleet analysis and network analysis.
- Understanding of larger strategies and how they are operationally executed.
- Planning, supporting and developing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work with management team to codify and institutionalize best practices within the logistics group.
- Offer data supported, out of the box solutions to logistics’ daily challenges.
- Work with cross functional teams to create benefit that deliveries a better logistics delivery experience for internal and external customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Progress towards a bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management or related field with previous related internship experience required. Candidates must have completed at least 2 years of college and have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proficiency in building queries and managing data within Access, Excel, or Tableau is a must.
- Excellent attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills.
- Continuous improvement skills (Lean Six Sigma)
- Qualified candidates must currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the US. These internships are not provided under CPT or OPT.
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to function well as a team member or independently.
- Strong initiative to improve status-quo and embrace change in a dynamic work environment.
- Self-starter with ability to be productive independently.
- Ability to listen and understand a process before recommending improvements.
- Demonstrate capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Continual learning to increase the ability to solve issues.