Job Title: Supply Chain Intern
Position Location: Westchester Office – Westchester, IL
Business Unit: North America
Semester: Summer 2018
The Ingredion Supply Chain team is looking for highly motivated and dynamic college students to join the organization for an internship for the summer of 2018. As a Supply Chain intern at Ingredion, you will have the opportunity to work with senior management to support the overarching strategy using continuous improvement best practices to control cost, improve service levels, collaborate with the sales organization and ensure that complete customer satisfaction is met.
Our Supply Chain internship program is comprised of 3 different areas: Truck Logistics, Rail Logistics and Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP). You will be assigned to one of the 3 areas during the summer of 2018. Each area will require the intern to support various projects and initiatives, all while working with Ingredion Supply Chain professionals from our manufacturing plants, distribution, customer service and sales teams.
- Understanding of larger strategies and how they are operationally executed.
- Planning, supporting and developing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Working with management team to codify and institutionalize best practices within the logistics and S&OP groups.
- Be asked to perform 1 or more projects in assigned area.
- Managing a project from the implementing to recommending phase.
- Special projects as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Currently working towards a bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics, Finance, Economics, Business or related field.
- Candidates must have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0.
- Ability to work 40hrs/week during internship term.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proficiency in managing data within Excel or similar databases.
- Excellent attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills.
- Continuous improvement skills.
Desired behavior, personal attributes, (Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to function well as a team member or independently.
- Strong initiative to improve status-quo and embrace change in a dynamic work environment.
- Self-starter with ability to be productive independently.
- Ability to listen and understand a process before recommending improvements.
- Demonstrate capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Continual learning to increase the ability to solve issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.