TITLE: Senior Chemist, Sweetener Analytical
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Senior Associate, Sweetener Analytical
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Chemist to carry out method development, analytical characterization, data analysis, and reporting in support of Sweetener projects. The analytical chemist will support new product and process development by performing analytical lab analyses on samples.
As a Senior Chemist, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and validating new analytical methods using HPLC, UHPLC, LCMS, NMR as well as other spectroscopic and thermoanalytical techniques.
- Performing analytical tests independently and accurately. Analyzing results, documenting analytical findings and accurately communicating results to technical team and management in both oral and written form.
- Setting up, operating, and maintaining standard lab equipment/techniques of moderate complexity. Operating according to standard safety procedures and policies.
- Maintaining and recording daily laboratory activities in electronic lab notebooks.
- Proactively seeking to understand the impact of work on projects and offering suggestions based on hands-on testing.
The Senior Chemist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Have an enthusiasm for lab work and method development.
- Have a strong interest to learn and master a variety of analytical technologies.
- Like to offer new ideas and think out-of- the-box.
- Work collaboratively with peers and others and can adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Embrace change and are a team player.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related science field with 2-3 plus years of experience in an analytical lab environment or master’s degree with relevant analytical research experience.
- Working knowledge of HPLC and other analytical instrumentation.
- Method development and general troubleshooting strategy skills highly preferred.
- Good mathematical skills and familiarity with analytical quantitative calculations.
- Computer skills with proficiency using MS Word and Excel and the ability to construct moderately complex graphs and charts.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle large amounts of data.
Relocation Available? Yes-/ Within country
Job Grade: F
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.