Position Location: Westchester, IL
Business Unit: Corporate Strategy
The Corporate Strategy Analyst will work with members of the Corporate Strategy team to help drive robust and detailed strategies for our businesses and support the execution of M&A projects across the globe.
Supervision: No direct reports
- Work closely within the Corporate Strategy team to meet Ingredion’s M&A goals
- Work with the rest of the team as well as the businesses in identifying new acquisition targets
- Assist the execution of M&A projects end to end with particular focus on due diligence and valuation
- Support aspects of annual strategic planning process
- Assist the Corporate Strategy team with data analysis and presentation preparation to support the development of business strategies for various business units including:
- Business case preparation
- Market sizing
- Financial modeling/valuation
- Competitive insight
- Assist the Corporate Strategy team with data analysis, financial analysis and presentation preparation to support prospecting and execution of M&A
- Work with the VP and Director of Corporate Strategy to assist in the strategic planning processes of our global specialty businesses . Activities included, but are not limited to:
- Developing market and competitor intelligence
- Understanding of key macro and global trends and drivers
- Historical financial analysis
- Assist in the overall development of the strategic plan
- Engage and communicate effectively within the Corporate Strategy group and related functions, e.g., Corporate Finance
- Presentations to leadership: Support the research and development of presentations for Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business , Operations or related, quantitative discipline.
- 1-2 years of work experience in consulting, investment banking or equivalent corporate finance/development experience. M&A or strategy exposure is a plus.
- Experience in Food & Beverage and/or Consumer Products industry is a plus
- Strategic mindset with excellent analytical skills and solid financial acumen (i.e. basic accounting and financial modeling skills)
- Excellent communication skills
- Skilled with Excel and Power Point
- Financial acumen (can read P&L; has understanding of basic accounting; has exposure to financial modeling)
- Qualified candidates must currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the US. The company does not plan to provide work visa sponsorship for this role.
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- Passionate, positive attitude
- Highly collaborative and works well in teams
- Fast learner, willing to take initiative and full ownership of the work
- Sound judgment and a willingness to proactively resolve issues and problems in a timely manner.
- Results oriented with sense of urgency and deep curiosity to diagnose problems and find solutions
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: E