Position Location: Westchester, IL
Business Unit: North America
Lead the regional marketing team, which includes Product Innovation, Segment Marketing, and Marketing Communications in the development and execution of the marketing strategy to support business objectives.
Supervision: 9 direct reports, with a total team of 23 employees
- Deliver growth through results-focused innovation with emphasis on specialty ingredient & solutions.
- Develop a strategy and lead the digital transformation of the US/ Canada marketing function, in line with global marketing framework.
- Deliver growth through results-focused innovation with emphasis on specialty ingredient & solutions. Support development and execution of the US/CA strategic innovation pipeline.
- Lead implementation and execution of the regional innovation funnel process in collaboration with regional & global Marketing, Technical and Innovation teams.
- As a member of the Commercial Leadership Team, actively ensure customer engagement, Go-To-Market (GTM) resource prioritization and new business delivery.
- Enhance GTM effectiveness in North America to drive volume and revenue growth and enhance profitability.
- Develop and implement the annual Marketing Communication Plan, including management of the relationship with the agency of record.
- Exhibit leadership within team to enhance individual performance, organizational capability, succession planning, development and recognition.
- As a member of the global Business Marketing Leadership Team (BMLT) provide leadership for development and execution of functional marketing leadership imperatives. Ensure global and regional marketing coordination and influence the global marketing agenda through participation in the BMLT.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, food science or related discipline required, MBA strongly preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive managerial experience in marketing, sales, innovation or related function in a B2B environment, ideally in specialty chemical, ingredients, flavors, or similar industry.
- Strong food industry knowledge with experience in ingredients and B2B marketing
- Demonstrated expertise to digital marketing in the B2B environment
- Ability to manage and develop team of direct reports along with strong influencing skills for working with senior management and in cross-functional situations
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies to support the achievement of business and financial objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business situations and problems, coordinate many complex activities/projects simultaneously and direct successful solutions.
- Must possess strong business and financial skills including the ability to utilize financial metrics and knowledge of business cost structure in supporting and making decisions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required as well as the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and use influencing skills effectively in a cross functional environment
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- Can translate business strategies into actionable plans by using market and functional knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels internally and externally to develop strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to effectively set direction, coach, guide and develop employees and create an environment of positive accountability.
- Proactively engages the right resources from across the organization in setting challenging goals and delivering results.
- Brings best practices to the organization and recognizes and promotes new ideas.
- Quickly adapts to a changing context and successfully adapts organizational systems and processes.
- Cultivates and maintains partnerships across functions, helping teams successfully navigate competing priorities. Leads indirectly, through influence and personal example.
- Builds morale across teams by providing clear direction, recognition and positive feedback
Relocation Available? Within country
Job Grade: L