TITLE: Quality Control Supervisor
LOCATION: Oxnard, CA
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
The Quality Control (QC) Supervisor directs and coordinates all QC and Food Safety functions at Kerr Concentrates Inc’s Oxnard facility. In collaboration with the company’s Quality Assurance (QA) and Regulatory Compliance (RC) Management staff, the QC Supervisor is responsible for developing, managing and maintaining the Oxnard facility personnel and systems, ensuring that all finished products are wholesome, pure, and within customer specification while complying with the internationally standardized GFSI requirement. This position is also responsible for Sanitation at the Oxnard facility.
The Quality Team is focused on delivering solutions that can help produce first time quality fruit and vegetable ingredients in a safe and efficient manner. Join a collaborative group of solution driven employees working to deliver value for our customers.
As a Quality Control Supervisor, your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate and introduce new equipment and methodologies to keep laboratory performance up to date.
- Maintain SQF 200 Code/ISO FSSC 22000 Quality and Food Safety System
- Audit on the floor Quality Control procedures and practices including GMP, HACCP, Sanitation verification audits and ongoing plant maintenance audits
- Provide accurate and timely quality control data and services to internal and external customers. Accountable for ensuring the quality of data generated in the laboratory.
- Assist operation team with problem solving and troubleshooting on quality related issues.
- Maintain training schedule and ensure proper understanding of quality and food safety systems is obtained by QC and Production personnel.
The Quality Control Supervisor position is well-suited for you if you:
- Push to continually drive personal and organizational results, take educated risks on business opportunities and benchmark external best practices to outperform the competition.
- Create a talent culture founded on a strong conviction that superior talent delivers superior results; scout to find the best people, drive performance, coach transparently, and build strong teams globally.
- Regularly identify areas that can be improved and constructively propose new solutions that increase value and improve business performance; as well as explore multiple possibilities for tackling challenges, think “out of the box” to determine the best solution.
- Proactively seek to improve knowledge of our customers, their markets and business to ensure plan delivery.
- Challenge the status quo and promote bold thinking in order to create value.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Microbiology or other Sciences
- Experience in managing a quality control laboratory within a related industry.
- Significant experience and knowledge of GMP, HACCP and FDA regulations
- Certified SQF Practitioner or ISO FSSC 22000
- Experience working in a food plant environment including compliance with applicable regulations governing the various product lines.
- Sufficient knowledge of the industry, products and customer needs to recommend improved testing methods, instrumentation, and anticipate the testing needs of customers.
- Fluent in Spanish and English a plus
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Kerr Concentrates is the company for you.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.