Job Title: Food Science Intern, Technical Service Pilot Plant – Summer 2018
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Business Unit: US/Canada Ingredient Solutions/Technical Service
The Food Science Intern -Technical Service Pilot Plant will support customer related activities in various product segments in dairy, savory (soups & sauces), bakery, confectionery, batters & breadings and other potential applications identified. The Intern will work with various internal resources to promote our product portfolio. The Intern will be responsible for taking concepts or ideas that have been developed in a laboratory/kitchen scale environment and scale them up in our food pilot plant to produce high quality food prototypes. The intern will work with our technical service team to meet customer deadlines and expectations and will learn how to participate as a member of the Go To Market team.
- Manage work packages, working both independently and collaboratively with others, to meet project timelines and deliverables.
- Conduct experiments in the food pilot plant to advance projects.
- Analyze and understand data, results, and scientific literature to advance projects.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Follow established guidelines for good housekeeping, GMPs, SafeServ and safety.
- Work with Technical Service team members and other internal colleagues to meet target objectives.
- Present prototypes, project status, updates and outcomes to team and stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- A food science undergraduate or graduate student with interest in hands-on food product or food ingredient development using laboratory and/or pilot plant equipment/processes.
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.0/4.0.
- Familiarity with experimental design, statistical data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical reports.
- Ability to think and work independently while collaborating with others in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against agreed deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work 40hrs/week during internship term.
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Creative problem-solver
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.