Job Title: Director, Global Nutrition R & D
Position Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Reports To: Director, Global Nutrition Springboard
Ingredion is hiring a Director, Nutrition to manage and lead the R&D activity of a diverse technical team in the development and formulation of new nutritional ingredients for their application in food systems. The Director will manage the design, development and commercialization of nutritional ingredients/products. This includes global responsibility of connecting with the regional Nutrition teams and management of clinical and regulatory activities. The Director will manage a team of six scientific and clinical nutrition professionals.
As a Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing the global Nutrition research and development program and managing the applied research innovation pipeline portfolio.
- Managing and coaching scientists in internal and external development projects and supporting regional nutritional teams and programs.
- Leading and managing the Physiology Technology Platform to deliver enabling technologies in alignment with strategic roadmaps of Nutrition springboard business.
- Identifying and designing new ingredients based on customer, patent, scientific and business perspectives.
- Defining and providing oversight for the execution of internal & external research programs designed to deliver new technologies to drive growth in nutrition business.
- Oversight of the clinical research program and regulatory testing of materials and ingredients.
- Driving strategic alliances with external research organizations and key technology companies.
- Supporting the development of a patent and general intellectual property strategy which expands and strengthens our IP position. Identifying technologies and IP opportunities and ensuring activity is well documented.
- Functioning as the technical liaison with internal support groups and serving as the primary technical contact and scientific expert lead for external science and key business development accounts.
- Creating trusted partnerships with customers by sharing insights and engaging them in joint strategic planning and problem solving. Building team’s capabilities to gather and use customer feedback in decision-making and action planning.
- Benchmarking external best practices and using publicly available information to develop in-depth knowledge of competitor processes and costs.
- Scanning the market to identify opportunities for improvement and/or growth and adapting strategies accordingly.
- Driving projects from concept to hand off to commercialization teams.
- Encouraging collaboration and experimentation to create new products or work processes and continually challenging team to take risks to achieve higher levels of performance.
The Director, Global Nutrition R&D position is well suited for you if you:
- Drive for results by focusing on productivity
- Encourage collaboration and experimentation to create new products or work processes
- Can assess and implement new ideas quickly to accelerate business impact
Qualified candidates will have:
- PhD in Nutrition, Food Science or related technical field with 10+ years’ experience in the research and development of functional ingredients.
- Proven track record of success in research, development and technology management, as evidenced by publications, conference presentations or patent portfolio.
- Established expert with network and recognition within the food science and nutrition scientific and industry community.
- Solid people management and leadership skills with experience managing matrixed R&D teams.
- Solid understanding of carbohydrate structure and physiology and highly desirable.
- Expertise in Stage Gate or equivalent portfolio management process.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to a variety of internal & external scientists and managers.
- Experience with IP landscape, review of patents and primary technical literature.
- Strong project and program management skills
- Excellent communication and organizational capabilities required.
- Ability to travel up to 30 % (both domestic and international)
Relocation Available? Yes-Within country considered
Job Grade: J
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.