This position manages the daily planning and execution of transportation to our customers. This role will work directly with the Manager of Logistics to measure carrier performance, improve transportation service and eliminate waste. This position will have frequent interaction with Ingredion plant locations and Customer Service. This role will also participate in projects that will continuously improve Ingredion’s service offering.
Reports To: Manager, Logistics
- Plan and tender loads to carrier base
- Ensure that all loads are covered in a timely manner
- Ensure that carrier is following Ingredion protocol: Timely appointing, appropriate drop trailer pools, timely pick-up and delivery
- Work directly with carrier base improve tender acceptance rate, on-time pick up and on time delivery.
- Work with transportation procurement team to create optimal cost and service offering
- Become expert in Lean TMS. Utilize the Lean TMS to optimize transportation process
- Participate in special projects to drive continuous improvement.
Agility and Innovation
- Develop and manage key carrier metrics
- Proactively resolve urgent customer situations related to product delivery
- Assess service issues. Provide root cause analysis to resolve chronic problems (either internal or external)
- Willingness to be on call after hours
- Work with carriers to ensure accuracy of freight bills.
- Anticipate and proactively communicate delivery issues to customer service
- Ability to find creative solutions to service issues
Relationships and People
- Partner closely with 3rd party carriers to drive out waste and achieve appropriate service levels
- Work collaboratively with peers and others in team environment.
- Possess the ability to act equally well in the role of team leader, team member, or facilitator.
- Ability to interact calmly and professionally in high pressure environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain/Logistics, with previous related internship
- Knowledge of truck transportation or plant logistics a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to function well as a team member or independently
- Access, Excel, UMLER or Tableau a plus. On-going development will require emphasis on building queries and managing data within Access, Excel, or Tableau
- Knowledge of SAP a plus