Title: Process Engineer
Location: Bedford Park, IL (Argo)
Ingredion is hiring a Process Engineer to provide technical solutions to operations.
As a Process Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Executing projects (establish and meet budget and schedule, supervise construction, train personnel, supervise startup, coordination with QC/QA, safety, health and environmental, and maintenance) up to $10M or to be a member of a project team that executes projects.
- Providing technical support/expertise to the plant safety professional on facility safety initiatives when designing and/or redesigning work processes to eliminate workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Troubleshooting, identifying opportunities for improvement, and implementing action plans and follow-up to ensure effective results.
- Providing engineering studies, designs and justifications for approval to support Operations’ goals.
- Keeping historical data, to analyze and to monitor key efficiencies and parameters against design to assist Operations with troubleshooting and meeting costs and production goals.
- Evaluating, seeking approval, and executing improvements to the plant’s safety, reliability, capacity, operating costs, maintenance, product quality.
- Keeping current in discipline, to assess new technologies and ideas, to develop, evaluate, and seek approval for new concepts to improve the efficiency and the capability of the process, the life of the facility, and the product quality.
- Conducting process training and ensures documentation is up to date when projects are complete.
- Assisting operations in continuous training to maintain Operator’s proficiency.
The Process Engineer position is well-suited for you if you have:
- Experience in executing projects or process improvements and troubleshooting in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present technical information and prepare concisely written reports.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, build consensus, and foster relationships at multiple organization levels and across different organizational functions. Is self directed and demonstrates high level of initiative.
- Demonstrated degree of sound judgment, resourcefulness, and innovation in handling complex technical assignments, with minimal supervision.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with 3-8 years manufacturing experience.
- Ability to successfully implement capital projects/permits, and perform engineering functions in a manufacturing environment. Demonstrate completed projects meet the design objectives.
- Project Management training and/or certification, a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification, a plus.
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.