Job Title: Senior Director, Global Sweetener Springboard
Position Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Reports to: Vice President, Business Development and Marketing
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Director, Global Sweetener Springboard to direct the development and execution of the global business strategy, five year strategic plan and annual goal for the Sweetener Springboard. The Senior Director will manage one direct report and oversee marketing, research and business development plans to drive short and long term profitable growth and value creation for our business.
As a Senior Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development and execution of vision, strategies and plans to drive higher growth and profit goals for the for the Global Sweetness program. Build global capability and expertise within the Sweetener Springboard.
- With regional business teams, establish, maintain and direct the development of five year strategic plan and annual goals for the Springboard on both a regional and global level. Ensure global and regional alignment and clearly define accountability.
- Define the innovation agenda for the Sweetener springboard. Establish and set priorities, lead the execution of development initiatives and programs and ensure regional alignment. Identify opportunities to extract additional value from existing base of sweetener & starch product portfolios.
- Work directly with a global multifunctional team consisting of regional marketers and Global R&D in execution/delivery of business results (sales growth, profitability and innovation).
- Lead business development activities at select global customers to further develop/refine the business model.
- Oversee the development and implementation of marketing plans, capital plans, supply plans and M&A proposals to drive Springboard growth.
- Direct the development of an overall strategy and framework for communicating springboard capabilities to customers.
- Manage the delivery of new technologies and products required to achieve long term growth goals.
- Lead development and orchestration of global/regional marketing programs to position the company, build customer awareness and generate business leads. Work closely with regional business teams to develop capability to market and sell value of the Sweetener offerings. Actively support regions in achieving their business goals.
- Serve as advisor and partner to regional leadership teams in establishing priorities and goals, executing plans to deliver sales/profit goals, and build regional capability for the springboard.
- Lead multifunctional team consisting of indirect reports to build sweetener applications capability, establish a portfolio of higher value sweetener solutions and develop and commercialize new products & technologies.
Qualified Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Food Science, Chemistry); MBA highly preferred
- 10 or more years’ of comprehensive B2B business development and marketing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build a business from inception to significant financial size and manage overall business segment P&L.
- Ability to progress challenging goals and deliver very clear results.
- Organization leadership experience - capability in leading cross-functional and global teams. Business and Financial Acumen.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills.
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- Ability to develop, articulate and effectively implement a clear business strategy. Drive vision with conviction and not be derailed.
- Proven tenacity to effectively close on key projects and initiatives under challenging circumstances and tight timelines.
- Orchestrate activity in key functions (marketing, research, development and applications) to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Technically savvy with ability to reduce technology concepts into clear/effective communication of all forms.
Relocation Available? Yes, Global relocation considered
Job Grade: K