Title: Associate Environmental Engineer
Location: Argo Plant
Ingredion is hiring an Associate Environmental Engineer to support and implement the environmental programs necessary for operation of the Argo Plant in compliance with air, water, solid and hazardous waste and other Government regulations along with Company policies and standards. The Associate Environmental Engineer will support the achievement of safety, environmental, and cost goals. Anticipated time allocation is approximately 70% environmental, 25% sewer losses and 5% safety.
As an Associate Environmental Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and maintaining environmental programs, policies and procedures at the plant to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations, corporate policies and guidelines. Including coordinating and ensuring that required environmental reporting content and timeframes are met and that information provided is correct and clearly reflects the compliance status of the facility.
- Preparing and working with plant personnel to complete routine and non-routine EPA reports including MWRD wastewater reports.
- Auditing required environmental records to ensure accuracy of data and effectiveness of control equipment so the plant is prepared for Agency compliance inspections and self certifications.
- Auditing control equipment preventive maintenance work orders to ensure they are being completed in a timely manner.
- Assisting during regulatory agency inspections.
- Investigating daily sewer losses and works with unit personnel to identify, correct, and minimize sewer costs. Working with units to find root causes and implement effective corrective actions to address excess emissions.
- Working with outside contractors on a host of environmental issues.
- Assisting in meeting company and plant safety programs and sustainability initiatives.
- Finding environmentally responsible alternatives to disposal including reduce, reuse, recycle and landfill avoidance options in order to lower plant costs.
- Assisting engineering group in environmental permitting for new construction and submittal of proper permit applications to ensure compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Developing and presenting technical materials for employee training and development.
- Participating in local professional organizations to stay abreast of key environmental regulations that impact operations and to network with other environmental professionals and regulators.
The Associate Environmental Engineer position is well-suited for you if you have:
- Analytical skills to interpret data and prepare written reports. Ability to understand and integrate technical and business needs into all activities.
- Good interpersonal skills to indirectly manage a broad range of people throughout the organization so that regulatory goals and requirements are achieved.
- Ability to identify and implement creative, innovative solutions, when appropriate.
- Demonstrated a high degree of initiative while effectively handling a variety of assignments simultaneously and dealing with ambiguity.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field required including relevant internship experience.
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental and safety laws and practices, a plus.
- Zero to three years experience implementing environmental programs.
- Zero to three years experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Computer literacy to effectively use Microsoft Office software and other software programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.
- We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
- If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: E