TITLE: Operations Manager, Global Research & Technology
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Senior Process Technology Manager
Ingredion is hiring an Operations Manager to manage pilot plant operations for our Global Research and Technology Group that is responsible for new product and process development. The Operations Manager will manage operations for two pilot plants- Bridgewater, NJ & Indianapolis, IN. This includes managing the Operations team, equipment installations, leading facility and utility projects, and overseeing the maintenance programs at both pilot facilities.
As Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage Operations personnel to provide safe, efficient pilot facilities for process engineers to conduct R&D activities.
- Maintain R&D pilot plant process equipment, facilities and utilities in optimal working condition.
- Lead efforts in identifying and implementing upgrades to pilot plant facilities and utilities, and maintenance program.
- Comply with all company and regulatory requirements for safety, environmental and GMPs in all areas of responsibility. Serve as safety lead for the department.
- Work with process engineers to install new process equipment, processes/modifications according to project timelines.
- Work along with department management and process engineers to manage department capital request and approval process, adjusting capital plans based on business needs.
- Successfully utilize internal and external resources to accomplish department needs for operations and maintenance projects.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- BS in Chemical Engineering with 10+ years of Operations experience preferably within R&D in the chemical, food, or pharmaceutical industry.
- Maintenance management and Process control/automation experience a must.
- Critical analytical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to constructively interact with colleagues within the company as well as with outside contractors.
- Strong computer and communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid project management skills. Flexibility to handle and manage both long-term projects and short-term problem solving needs.
- 10 to 20% domestic travel required.
Job Grade: H
Relocation Available? Yes- Within Country Considered