Sr. Manager, Supply Planning
Position Location: (Westchester, Illinois, USA)
Business Unit: North America
Reports to: Director, Sales and Operations Planning
Supervision: 4 direct reports, with total organization of 10 including indirect reports
The Sr. Manager, Supply Planning has overall accountability for US/Canada supply planning functions. It is responsible for key customer service metrics and supply chain related performance metrics, while also contributing to the Sale & Operations Planning process. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for timely development of supply plans that cost effectively deliver service level requirements, meet inventory targets and maximize capacity utilization of the US/Canada manufacturing/distribution network. The role serves as a key partner across multiple dimensions of the organization including manufacturing, sales, product management, logistics, and customer service. In addition, the position develops standard supply, capacity and inventory management tools and processes in order to align with one business S&OP process.
As a Sr. Manager, Supply Planning, your responsibilities will include:
- Supply Planning – Optimize the US/Canada manufacturing footprint in sourcing decisions that help deliver lowest total landed cost. Ensure a common supply planning platform is utilized amongst the varying business units, which can aid in a single standard for the S&OP process. Drive supply strategies in order to maximize customer service levels and working capital targets in accordance to LE forecasts. Create and supply monthly data and supporting information to drive the S&OP process.
- Inventory Planning – Develop inventory protocols to manage the US/Canada portfolio. Identify and analyze inventory health for continuous improvement opportunities within the Sweetener, Industrial and Ingredient Solutions businesses. Drive inventory strategies through portfolio segmentation & utilizing various inventory optimization techniques to ensure the right level of products exists to meet service level requirements.
- Business Reporting – Support development of monthly KPI’s for the function and report performance against the metrics on daily, weekly and monthly schedules. Provide insight and leadership to correct deviations from plan across the Sweeteners, Industrial and Ingredient Solutions businesses.
- Strategic Planning – Lead and drive network optimization projects as laid out in the strategic plan. Act as point person for any supply related questions and enquiries. Coordinate the monthly Supply/Demand meetings as a part of the S&OP process.
- Human Resources – Coach, counsel, develop and motivate a team of individuals to successfully achieve departmental goals. Partner with supply team members, by assessing their skills/abilities and implementing plans to assure their continued development.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, industrial engineering, logistics, finance, or business administration is required
- 7 – 10 years of progressive experience in demand/supply management, planning, scheduling or other supply chain focus is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply planning practices and inventory management processes
- Demonstrated ability to drive results in a planning and execution environment
- Ability to develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization is required
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills are required
- Experience presenting to cross functional audiences, including executive leadership
- Managerial experience, preferably including the supervision of other managers
- Demonstrated ability in team building
- High proficiency using PC based applications (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access) is required
- Experience with SAP and advanced planning systems
- Strong business acumen and problem solving ability
- Results driven to set, prioritize, and enable achievement of goals
- Operating with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and across multiple functions
Relocation Available: Within US
Salary Grade: I
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.