TITLE: Maintenance Manager
LOCATION: Cardinal, Ontario
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
Ingredion is hiring a Maintenance Manager to develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive maintenance program aimed at optimizing the plant’s safety performance and quality objectives while meeting production targets and cost effectiveness. This position provides leadership and support to the local maintenance teams in improving processes, ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of common maintenance systems, electrical systems, and ultimately reducing the plants’ overall maintenance spending. This position is an integral member of the facility leadership team.
As a Maintenance Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership to evaluate and implement appropriate predictive and preventative maintenance strategies and techniques to reach a world class reliability program.
- The responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions related to Food Safety.
- Supporting individual maintenance teams and plant units/departments in improving the performance of their processes, ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of common maintenance systems, and ultimately, for reducing the plant’s overall maintenance spending.
- Soliciting feedback from Operations to report on the satisfaction of both internal and external customers of the maintenance organization to ensure customer focus is maintained.
- Maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and joint accountability with the production units, recognizing mutual goals, accountabilities and needs.
- Continuous Improvement of the Asset Maintenance Plan including value-added preventive maintenance tasks focusing on: utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies, lubrication practices, tools to drive operator asset management, and comprehensive training plans for maintenance employees.
- Working with local maintenance staff, operations and project engineering to achieve goals for reliability and maintainability of existing, new and modified assets. This includes the proper application of reliability centered concepts and the implementation of systems that support a best in class Asset Management Plan.
- Ongoing development of an Asset Maintenance Plan for the facility, including systematic design, monitoring and refinement.
- Utilize KPI (key performance indicator) system to monitor and identify improvement opportunities in the area of facility reliability and asset utilization.
- Optimization of the CMMS (SAP-PM) for planning and scheduling maintenance and material management.
- Develop and implement strategic objectives that reduce overall plant maintenance spending.
- Implement system that optimizes parts inventories based on increased reliability, carrying cost, and obsolescence risk best aligned with plant objectives and lower working capital.
- Initiate and champion a multi-generational plan to standardize common spare part inventory throughout the plant; ensure sustainability through Management of Change.
- Identify opportunities to leverage plant’s purchasing power in conjunction with Procurement to improve service level, quality and/or price of parts and services.
- Develop plant level resources and capabilities to drive the improvement of the reliability of equipment and systems that support meeting the safety, quality, cost and production goals.
- Partner with the North America Reliability CI team to learn and apply best practices.
- Work with other facilities and unit maintenance teams to determine best practices and sharing opportunities.
The Maintenance Manager position is well-suited for you if you:
- Possess the ability to design, plan and manage complex projects to deliver on time and within budget.
- Use data and knowledge of improvement techniques to address opportunities.
- Create value for customers by anticipating customer needs and troubleshooting more complex customer issues.
- Ensure EHSQ compliance and interacts with governmental agencies and customers as appropriate.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5 to 10 years of previous experience in maintenance supervision/planning or reliability engineering together with possession of provincial qualification in a recognized trade or a technical degree.
- Knowledge of SAP system as it pertains to maintenance and operations.
- Knowledge of predictive and preventative maintenance programs and ability to implement and manage effectively
- Strong planning, organizing, and time management skills. Experience in setting priorities and executing multiple assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Significant experience and knowledge of motivating, training, and developing team members.
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.