Title: Global Sweetener Development Intern
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Reports To: Senior Associate, Global Sweetener Development
Ingredion is hiring an Intern responsible for developing no and low calorie beverages.
As an Intern in the global sweetener development group, your responsibilities will include:
- Working at lab and pilot scale to demonstrate the value of new sweetener technologies through product formulation, with focus on beverages
- Understanding product development needs of a beverage during its lifecycle and defining experimental plans
- Developing new and improved beverage formulations, performing all necessary analysis and coordinating samples for sensory evaluations
- Communicating progress through presentations during each team meeting
- Working both independently and collaboratively with others, to meet project timelines and deliverables
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Follow guidelines set-out for good housekeeping and safety
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against agreed deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The Global Sweetener Development Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious project goals
- Build relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders within the Sweetener Development team
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Science or related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Availability to work full time (40 hours/week) between early June and mid-August 2018
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical reports
- Requires the ability to think and work independently while collaborating with others in a team-based environment
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program; or pursuing your PhD. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
Desired Behavior, Personal Attributes:
- Experience in beverage product development preferred
- Experience with sweeteners and hydrocolloids preferred
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.