Position Location: North Kansas City, MO
Business Unit: North America Sweetener & Industrial Solutions
Responsible for various capital and process improvement projects from concept to completion. Work with production, engineering, and other plant teams to improve safety, product quality, and production efficiencies.
Supervision: No direct reports
- Develop and lead capital process improvement projects.
- Manage project budgets.
- Work with contractors and vendors to specify equipment and installations.
- Ensure regulatory and company compliance with all applicable standards, procedures, and best working practices.
- Demonstrate good practices and leadership in safety and environmental stewardship.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to the process and production areas of the plant.
- Work with the production, engineering, and other plant teams to improve safety, product quality, and production efficiencies.
Agility and Innovation
- Actively participate in Root Cause Analysis discussions and implement solutions as identified.
- Responsible for concept, design, estimating, proposal submittal, purchasing, installation, start-up, commissioning, documentation, training, and closure of capital projects.
- Utilize methodologies including Project Management, Continuous Improvement, Root Cause Analysis, Effective Communication, 5S, where appropriate.
- Keep work environments organized, clean and functional.
- Demonstrate completed projects meet the design objectives.
- Prepare and communicate engineering ideas through the use of flowsheets, sketches, memos, and other means.
Relationships and People
- Coordinate activities with individuals from other functional areas within the company to support overall business strategy and goals.
- Maintain open communication with departmental personnel.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Chemical, Electrical, Industrial, or Food Engineering.
- Five years of related work experience in food industry or similar manufacturing business preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Sound technical ability and experience.
- Good project management skills.
- Knowledge of engineering and unit operations relevant to the corn wet milling industry, such as basic chemistry, heat and material balances, mechanical and physical/chemical separations and energy management.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, identify opportunities or improvements, make recommendations, implement action plans, and follow up to assure effective results.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present results of tests, prepare effective and concise written reports, document process and operational procedures, and complete the required engineering documentation including P&ID development for new and/or modified equipment and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the use of personal computers to prepare reports, spreadsheets, and presentations using MS Windows-based programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel)
Desired behavior, personal attributes, (Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with experienced and beginning engineers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, build consensus, and foster relationships at multiple organizational levels and across different functions.
- Demonstrated degree of sound judgment, resourcefulness, initiative, and innovation in handling complex technical assignments, with minimal supervision.
- Well-organized and team-oriented with leadership potential.
- Ability to effect change through persuasion and good communication.
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: F