Title: Research & Development Intern
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Reports To: Senior Associate, Biotransformation
Ingredion is hiring a summer intern who will be responsible for conducting enzyme technology research to modify carbohydrates for improving functional property and nutritional value.
As a summer intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Perform routine enzyme activity measurement and enzyme reaction to induce physico-chemical modification for production of novel compounds
- Conduct searches on prior art (patents, scientific articles and proceedings), and analyze technologies competitive directly and indirectly to relevant projects
- Effectively interact with cross-functional project teams through written and oral communications and maintain current understanding of overall status for all relevant projects
The Research & Development Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Have enthusiasm to conduct research and eager to accomplish goals
- Are a team player who can adapt to dynamic and demanding work environment
- Are a creative problem solver
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Science or a related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Availability to work full time (40 hours/week) between early June and mid-August 2018
- The ability to work safely in a laboratory and pilot plant environment
- Knowledge of Carbohydrate Chemistry, Enzymology or Biochemistry preferred
- Lab and/or pilot plant skills and basic statistical knowledges to analyze experimental results preferred
- Working experiences with analytical lab procedures such as TLC and HPLC desirable
- The ability to utilize basic computer software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) and similar versions of software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, e.g. making presentations writing technical data/reports
- The ability to perform standardized and prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations with minimal or no supervision
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program; or pursuing your PhD. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.