Title: Meat, Batter & Breading Applications Intern
Location: Englewood, CO
Business Unit: Global Innovation Group / Applications
Ingredion is hiring a Meat, Batter & Breading Intern to support the execution of project work focused on use of functional ingredients in processed meat products and batter and breaded foods.
The intern will lead defined projects that involve conducting experiments in the laboratory and pilot plant scale to understand ingredient performance in finished products. This will provide the opportunity for the intern to design experiments, learn and apply formulation skills, characterize products and interpret results in a professional team environment.
As a Meat, Batter & Breading Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a focused project, working both independently and collaboratively with others, to meet project timelines and deliverables.
- Organize, summarize and report data generated from experiments in a timely manner.
- Analyze and understand data, results and scientific literature to advance projects.
- Work collaboratively with applications and technical service teams to gain feedback on prototypes.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Follow guidelines for good housekeeping, GMPs and safety.
- Present project status, updates and outcomes to team and key stakeholders.
The Meat, Batter & Breading Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Enjoy hands-on food product and food ingredient development in laboratory and pilot plant settings.
- Exhibit solid leadership and teamwork skills with the ability to self-motivate.
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving ability with a results-oriented focus.
- Set, prioritize and execute experimental goals and plans to deliver against agreed deadlines.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards an MS or PhD in Food Science or related field.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Availability to work to full time (40 hours/week) during summer; opportunity to work part time (~ 15 hours/week) during winter, spring and fall
- Demonstrated experience in hands-on food product or food ingredient development preferred
- Comfort using laboratory and/or pilot plant equipment is preferred
- Experience with experimental design, statistical data analysis and results interpretation.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program; or pursuing your PhD. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.