Title: Intern, Process Technology
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Reports To: Senior Engineering Associate, Process Technology Group
The Product & Process Technology Intern will support progression of a well-defined research project related to nature based ingredient processing. The Intern will be involved in evaluating a sequence of unit operations, optimization of process parameters and scale-up of new products / processes in the pilot plant. The work would include running lab and pilot trials, evaluation / validation of new analytical techniques, interpretation and analysis of process and analytical data, defining scale-up conditions / requirements and producing pilot quantities of the final product for internal and customer evaluations.
As an Intern, Process Technology, your responsibilities will include:
- Perform lab/pilot plant experiments, conduct data analysis and interpret results to make recommendations to project team and support the project.
- Operate laboratory equipment safely and with little direct supervision to support project needs. May require modification of standard operating procedures.
- Record data in the Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) and other archiving databases as appropriate. Effectively communicate results to project teams and stakeholders.
- Organize, summarize and report data generated from these experiments.
- If needed, conduct searches on prior art (literature, patents), and current technology including competitive activity on related projects. Summarize the outcomes in appropriate report.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Follow guidelines set-out for good housekeeping, GMPs, and safety.
- Work well with others in laboratory and pilot plant. Effectively communicate with colleagues, project teams and key stakeholders.
- Present project status, updates, and outcomes to team and stakeholders.
- At completion of internship period, present research findings to management with recommendations for future New Product Development or Applied Research projects.
The Process Technology Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious project goals
- Build relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders within the Process Technology teams
- Possess solid teamwork skills
- Are self-motivated and results-driven
- Are a creative problem solver
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, or a related field with lab and/or pilot plant skills
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Availability to work full time (40 hours/week) between early June and mid-August 2018
- Ability to work safely in a laboratory and pilot plant environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical data/reports
- Working knowledge of basic computer software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program; or pursuing your PhD. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.