Ingredion is currently hiring an Operations Manager to provide leadership and guidance in all aspects of Production, Specialty Products, Warehousing and Waste Treatment for the Ingredion facility located in Cardinal, Ontario. This position is responsible for ensuring stability of the overall operation with primary focus on Safety, Quality, People Leadership, Cost and Production.
The Operations Manager is a key member of the plant leadership team with expectation of continuous improvement and ongoing development of a self-directed, results oriented team. Provide leadership and direction for various facility initiatives, including partnership with vendors, customers and various corporate groups.
As Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide EH&S leadership for the operations group and facility, striving for best in class performance.
- The responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions related to Food Safety.
- Manage production and inventory levels, achieving goal and budget parameters for efficiency and cost, while maintaining and improving Safety, Quality and GMP standards.
- Ensuring that the facility is operating within applicable regulations and corporate policies.
- Actively engage with the overall plant leadership team in the execution of employee engagement and empowerment strategies.
- Promote use of KPIs for department and plant performance.
- Assist in the development of facility strategies, ensuring that they are consistent and supportive of the region and overall organizational strategies.
- Assist direct reports with appropriate coaching to build their skills and decision making process.
- Establishes high goals for personal and team accountability.
The Operations Manager position is well-suited for you if you:
- Initiate opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational opportunities and challenges.
- Have awareness on the impact of external and internal events on the broader organization.
- Are willing to supportively challenge the status quo to find new, more effective tools and methods for accomplishing tasks.
- Have a proven ability to lead and facilitate in a team environment and build consensus in a positive manner with team members and customers.
- Build long-term relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders.
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious goals through others.
- Create value for customers through a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Are able to understand and integrate technical and business needs into all activities.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5-10 years of progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably in corn wet milling.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or equivalent of education and experience.
- Expectation of ongoing development, which will likely include transfer to other Ingredion facilities and/or offices in the future.
- Demonstrated strong planning, organizing and time management skills; proven ability to coordinate and handle effectively a variety of assignments simultaneously and identify and resolve inner-group and interpersonal conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to select, develop, and coach employees. Well-developed leadership and management skills required to foster commitment and professionalism within and organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Able to conduct effective meetings and communicate in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization.
- Committed to creating and maintaining a work environment that values the difference of styles and options that result from Ingredion’s diversity.
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.