Title: Artificial Intelligence Intern
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Ingredion is hiring an intern to develop an AI or machine learning based system to recommend products and solutions to our customers to help them deliver better products through improved taste, texture and sweetness and reduced cost.
As an Intern in AI, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the marketing, applications, and customer solutions teams to identify application areas and subject matter experts.
- Working with internal and external technical experts to identify appropriate AI or machine learning technologies and platforms.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to capture their knowledge and develop business rules.
- Implementing appropriate AI or machine learning technologies on the selected platform
The Intern in AI position is well-suited for you if you:
- Bring new technologies to the company by connecting with internal and external collaborators
- Develop open innovation platforms to access the best technologies
- Understand how and with whom to collaborate
- Understand how people make decisions and reason
- Have polished communication skills
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate technical field such as statistics, applied mathematics, computer science or operations research.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Availability to work full time (40 hours/week) between early June and mid-August 2018
- An understanding of basic AI and machine learning technologies
- A working knowledge of at least 1 coding language, such as Java, C+, C++, etc.preferred
- An understanding of Integrated Development Environments or IED's preferred
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program; or pursuing your PhD. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.