Title: Global Sensory Intern
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Reports To: Global Sensory Lead
Ingredion is hiring a Sensory Intern to investigate texturizers, nutritive and non-nutritive sweeteners.
The Global Sensory Group is focused on delivering solutions that can help our large customers differentiate their products through taste, texture, delivery systems and sweeteners.
As a Global Sensory Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with and function as a part of the Global Sensory Group team to support appropriate testing including all the phases of a project (design, coordination, execution, analysis and reporting)
- Assisting with the design and implementation of various types of descriptive analysis, consumer research and team evaluation
- Supporting the development and maintenance of global protocols for the sensory program
- Supporting Sensory Analysts & Technicians in day-to-day evaluation
- Independent project execution as needed by the Global sensory Group
The Sensory Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious project goals
- Build relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders within the Sensory & Applications’ teams
- Understand food & sensory science
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Sensory Consumer Science or a related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Availability to work full time (40 hours/week) between early June and mid-August 2018
- Completed courses in Food Science, Food Technology or Sensory Consumer Science
- The ability to plan projects, design experimental studies for trained panels and consumers research
- Demonstrate basic statistics knowledge
- Ability to taste all types of food, beverage and snacks
- Experience conducting sensory consumer research or trained descriptive panel is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people at different levels of the organization
- Ability to plan and organize effectively
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program; or pursuing your PhD. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.