Job Title: Food Science Intern, Sweetener Solution Technical Service – Summer 2018
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Business Unit: US/Canada Sweetener Solutions/Technical Service
The Food Science Intern (Sweetener Solutions Technical Service) will focus on developing sugar reduction solutions using a variety of sweetener tools. This role will collaborate with various internal resources including R&D, to develop beverage, bakery, and confectionery prototypes that highlight our product portfolio and align with consumer trends for internal use or for specific customers. The Intern may also be responsible for taking concepts that have been developed in a laboratory/kitchen scale environment and scaling them up in our food pilot plant to produce high quality prototypes that can be utilized by the Go To Market team and/or performing laboratory analyses that characterize ingredients or finished food products in support of customer driven or internal projects.
- Manage work packages, working both independently and collaboratively with others, to meet project timelines and deliverables.
- Conduct experiments on the bench top or in the food pilot plant to advance customer or marketing driven projects.
- Analyze and understand data, results, and scientific literature to advance projects.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Follow established guidelines for good housekeeping, GMPs, SafeServ and safety.
- Work collaboratively with Technical Service team members and other internal colleagues to meet target objectives.
- Present prototypes, project status, updates and outcomes to team and stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- A food science undergraduate or graduate student with interest in hands-on food product or food ingredient development using laboratory and/or pilot plant equipment/processes.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Experience with sweeteners and/or food product formulation is preferred.
- Familiarity with experimental design, statistical data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical reports.
- Ability to think and work independently while collaborating with others in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against agreed deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work 40hrs/week during the internship term.
Desired behavior, personal attributes:
- Solid leadership, teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, Detail-oriented, Creative problem-solver
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.