Job Title: Manager, Sales Development
Position Location: US - West Region- Home Based – Chicago area
Reports To: Director, Sales Development
Ingredion is hiring a Manager, Sales Development to understand value propositions of the company’s specialty ingredient portfolio, identify target customers for the Company’s products and partner with the sales team to qualify targets and establish plans for attaining business with identified target customers. The Manager, Sales Development will be responsible for maximizing US and Canada specialty sales and related commercial business activity by delivering existing products or services to new customers and new products or applications to existing customers and new customers.
As Manager, Sales Development your responsibilities will include:
Recommending specialty “value-added” solutions to national and regional account customers, including effective introduction of new products, technologies, and processes, to strengthen obtain new business in support of segment growth targets and account plans.
- In conjunction with our Sales Teams, initiate technology based discussions with customers, primarily with the R&D, technology and marketing groups to establish projects with target customers, leading to sales of assigned products.
- Championing introductions of new technologies/products to meet business objectives. Navigating complexity of diverse markets to generate value for the customer and the company.
- Developing and maintaining a strong working knowledge of the market and the competitive environment to facilitate sales development efforts. Pro-actively providing market and competitive intelligence to appropriate sales, marketing, product management and technical personnel.
- Partnering with functional teams including sales, technical and marketing to execute market introduction and initial market/sales development for new products, processes, and services to national and regional account customers.
- Ensuring close alignment with Marketing Springboard leaders and coordination with the overall Marketing team with regards to business plans including campaigns and market development opportunities.
- Providing technical understanding of products and the product value proposition to the Sales Teams and supporting initial sales activity with the goal of meeting short and long term targets for revenue, profitability and market share.
- Supporting the Sales Teams in negotiating contracts.
- Networking at trade shows and other technical venues to build knowledge and identify new prospects.
- Analyzing the current national and regional accounts, determine which are most suitable to incorporate into new product offerings, and communicate these needs to the commercial team.
- Monitoring performance and benchmarking best practices to drive continuous improvement.
The Manager, Sales Development position is well suited for you if you:
- Take responsible risks to achieve outstanding results
- Adapt and support others through change, ambiguity and complexity
- Operate with a sense of urgency and are responsive to customer needs
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively create new solutions
- Seek to understand how issues and solutions will impact other areas of the company
- Respect and value other’s differences, seeking opportunities to learn from those with different perspectives.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Bachelors’ Degree in food science or other relevant scientific, engineering, or business discipline. Additionally, an MBA is a plus.
- Significant direct and practical Business development, Sales, Marketing and Technical experience in food or specialty ingredients.
- Experience with proven value selling approaches and techniques. Focus efforts to prove the value of an ingredients’ functionality vs. its per unit cost.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in creation and execution
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills required. Experience in problem solving and creative thinking.
- Strong Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures – both internal and external.
- Available to travel domestically approximately 50%. Close proximity to a major airport is preferred.
Relocation Available? None
Job Grade: S08
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.