TITLE: Manager, Strategic Business Development- Pulses
LOCATION: Westchester, IL or Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Director, Strategic Development and Alliance Management
Ingredion is hiring a Manager, Strategic Business Development to drive growth in the US/ Canada Pulses business. The Business Development Manager will lead all product lines, business development as well as financial aspects of the platform for US and Canada and be responsible for collaborating and communicating across functions to lead growth. This role will also coordinate activity with related platforms/segments and R&D teams to ensure focus and alignment.
As Manager, Strategic Business Development your responsibilities will include:
- Lead business development initiatives at customers and participate in key customer engagements on pulses in partnership with sales team (e.g. innovation days, projects)
- Manage a business development pipeline for the US/ Canada pulse business
- Business case development for key growth initiatives including new product development and Applied Research projects.
- Coordinate a cross functional matrix team to drive growth and coordinate internal and external presentations and business reviews
- Ensure alignment with supply chain, product line management and key support functions for smooth business growth
- Lead regional pulse marketing communication efforts including at trade shows and conferences
- Manage relationships and projects with identified external suppliers or partners.
- Ensure an effective collaboration and communication with Global development team and partners in external organizations.
- Actively collaborate with other regions to support global growth.
The Manager Business Development role is well suited for you if you:
- Think strategically and can translate strategy into tangible plans and actions
- Can effectively manage network/matrix organizations to achieve business objectives.
- Lead, inspire and communicate with confidence to various levels of management effectively across boundaries
- Deal with ambiguity and define win-win scenarios with alliance partners or external organizations
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business field with 7+ years’ B2B marketing experience in food and beverage industry. MBA preferred.
- Past responsibility for leading a business or a business segment with sales exceeding $25 million.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in leading cross-functional teams and direct experience in leading technology/product development.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to drive matrixed teams towards shared success
- Experience in working effectively with sales and technical representatives as well as customers and alliance partners
- Experience in pulse or grain based ingredient sales or marketing preferred.
- International business experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to present technical data and business cases in formal and informal settings.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Relocation Available? Yes – Relocation considered within the region
Job Grade: G
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.