TIC Gums, an Ingredion Company, is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
SUMMARY: The Customer Service Manager acts as the “voice of the customer” inside of the organization and is responsible for developing the people and processes needed to ensure that the Company meets or exceeds customer expectations in a responsive and professional manner. This positions manages a team of customer service representatives and ensures service levels are met or exceeded.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the Customer Service department. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to.
- Develops processes and metrics for the Customer Service function to ensure timely and accurate order entry and on time delivery of products.
- Monitors and measures service metrics and utilizes to develop standards, improvements, or changes to process. Make recommendations for changes based on customer feedback and requests.
- Establishes standards, core customer service business processes and training documents related to Customer Service functions.
- Establishes efficient and balanced work flows that maximize efficiency and produce high levels of service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Encourages cross departmental collaboration. Makes recommendations for preventive and/or corrective action to resolve customer complaints and/or issues.
- As required, updates customer complaint forms, non-conformances and specification requirements.
- Responsible for the training, development, and coaching of all members of the customer service department including proper documentation of all training records and evaluations.
- Provides support and oversight of the TIC China Customer Service team as needed. Helps to resolve day-to-day issues related to orders, procedures and non-conformance issues.
- Writes and updates existing department procedures and work instructions including all ISO documentation.
- In the absence of the President. Sales Management, or Sr. Director, Customer Experience makes decisions regarding customer orders
- As required, in the absence of adequate staff, performs duties of a Customer Service Representative.
- Follows all company safety rules in performing job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises the U.S. based Customer Service Representatives (CSR).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree and 10 years of customer service experience in a manufacturing/distributor environment preferred. Experience with a food manufacturer highly desired. In addition, experience in a highly responsive environment and meeting customer commitments is strongly preferred. Supervisory experience is required.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Computer literate utilizing Microsoft Office, Sage X3, SAP, CRM software, and other equipment such as fax, copy machine, adding machine/calculator. Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Travel required: Up to 10% travel required