Document Control Coordinator
Position Location: Westchester, IL
Business Unit: Quality, Food Safety, and Continuous Improvement
Primary Function: Review, manage, and route customer emails daily in customer document system. Prepare and post documentation needed to respond to standard customer requests. Ensure document database is up to date and complete.
Reports To: Team Lead, Customer Documentation
- Review high volume of incoming customer requests daily and route based on product/business; may respond to customer requests for standard documents.
- Understand the basic documentation expectations for various products based on business needs; track documentation available for each product and ensure documentation is current.
- Support the creation of customer documentation by working with appropriate parties within and external to Quality; follow process in generating, approving, and posting documentation.
- Work with other members of the Quality team to maintain and continuously improve the systems and databases for responding to customer requests.
- Support the implementation of Standard Work
- Complete continuous improvement tasks as assigned
- Provide support to internal and external customers regarding documentation needs and procedures.
- Work as part of a team to ensure the customer documentation response process functions efficiently
- Work with Sales to ensure requests are complete and prioritized as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
- Possess associate’s degree in business or a scientific field with the ambition to obtain a bachelor’s degree in the future.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, and data base software. Willingness to expand level of skill with software and electronic equipment which will improve the productivity of the department and support managers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proficient proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks/assignments simultaneously and complete assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Basic knowledge of starches, sweeteners, or food ingredient experience preferred
- Strong customer focus
- Actively seeks to improve systems and processes in areas of responsibility
- Builds an understanding of customer in order to ensure documents meet their needs
Job Grade: C