Job Title: Sales Development Manager, Corrugating - Industrial
Position Location: Home Office – Midwest, Northeast, or Southeast
Reports To: VP, Industrial Solutions
Ingredion is hiring a Sales Development Manager to understand value propositions of the company’s Specialty Corrugating product portfolio and partner with the Sales team to identify and close opportunities. The Sales Development Manager will be responsible for maximizing Specialty sales and related commercial business activity by delivering new products or applications to existing customers, existing products or services to new customers, and new products or services to new customers within the Corrugating industry.
As Sales Development Manager your responsibilities will include:
Recommends Specialty “value-added” solutions to national and regional account customers, including effective introduction of new products, technologies, and processes, to strengthen and obtain new business in support of segment growth targets and account plans.
- Continually draws insights on customer needs and seeks opportunities to translate these into actionable plans and new product development. Develops and maintains a strong working knowledge of the markets and competitive environment.
- Lead and/or assist in contract negotiations. Ensure collaboration and communication with the broader sales team.
- Provide technical understanding of products and the product value proposition to the Sales team and support initial sales activities with the goal of meeting short and long term targets for revenue, profitability, and market share.
- Support Sales team on new opportunity identification and best sales practices by sharing cross-customer win experiences.
- Develop targeted customer lists in collaboration with the Sales, Business Development, and Innovation teams.
- Provide onsite product qualification trial support as needed on extended trials.
- Develop effective channels of communication with go-to-market teams to ensure clarity of the market opportunity and customers.
- Partner with the Sales team and business leaders, guiding the development of specific Specialty sales activities.
- Networking at trade shows and other technical venues to build knowledge and identify new prospects.
- Build sustainable external relationships that deliver value for the business.
The Sales Development Manager position is well suited for you if you:
- Results orientation with sense of urgency and deep curiosity to diagnose problems and find solutions.
- Take responsible risks to achieve outstanding results.
- Ability and comfortable working in an environment of change, ambiguity, and complexity. Ability to adjust priorities quickly.
- Strong customer focus and approach to business situations with an outside-in perspective.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively create new solutions.
- Seek to understand how issues and solutions will impact other areas of the company.
- Strong focus on detail and quality of deliverables.
- Respect and value other’s differences, seeking opportunities to learn from those with different perspectives.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Corrugating direct Sales and / or Business Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical related field; MBA is a plus.
- Experience with value selling approaches and techniques based on product functionality.
- Ability to utilize market research to determine target customers and sub-segments for sales opportunities.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures – both internal and external.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills both in creation and execution.
- Available to travel domestically approximately 50%.
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.