Job Title: Senior Manager, Business Development Industrial
Position Location: Westchester, IL
Reports To: Vice President, Industrial and Biomaterial Solutions
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Manager, Business Development that will be responsible for identifying new Industrial and non-Food markets and applications to focus Sales, Applications, and Product Development resources on based on growth potential and Ingredion’s ability to win. The Senior Manager will define and assist in the business strategy for all platform and Performance Specialty markets and create comprehensive business plans that support the execution of the strategy. The Senior Manager will be the Industrial & Biomaterial Solutions liaison to the US/CA Marketing Communication team and ensure the business is properly represented. The Industrial & Biomaterial Solutions team is focused on Paper, Corrugating, Beauty & Home, and Biomaterial segments that can help our customers develop differentiated products, reduce costs, drive quality and efficiency gains, and improve the sustainability of their products.
As Senior Manager, Business Development your responsibilities will include:
Demonstrating an understanding of market segments, trends and dynamics to create winning strategies that grow our business. Bringing together trend insights, knowledge of industry expertise and the competitive landscape to differentiate the company’s positioning and strategy.
- Leveraging extensive knowledge of the marketplace, product applications and technology to identify and assess opportunities to enhance innovation and execution. Identifying new segments to enter based on opportunity and analysis and develop new business plans that define how we are going to win. Understanding how the company’s unique capabilities can create a competitive advantage.
- Leading through informal relationships in execution of initiatives. Executing on strategies and objectives.
- Collaborating jointly with the Industrial Idea Lab to deliver new products in identified applications and to achieve business plans.
- Working closely in conjunction with the current customer-facing organization. Contributing product knowledge and industry expertise to develop short to long-term projects and opportunities.
- Gaining customer insights and communicating the value Ingredion brings to a partnership.
- Utilizing and analyzing market research reports to build business cases and develop strategies. Uncovering new markets and opportunities for existing or new products.
- Fully supporting newly launched products for successful introduction in the market.
- Developing targeted customer lists in collaboration with the Sales, Business Development, and Innovation teams.
- Working closely with the U.S. / Canada and Global marketing communications teams on the Ingredion website and other communications to ensure the Industrial & Biomaterials is properly represented.
- Collaboratively working with Go-to-Market team on trade shows.
The Senior Manager, Business Development position is well suited for you if you:
- Think strategically and translate strategy into tangible business plans and actions.
- Influence peer group and are highly collaborative both internally and externally in the delivery of goals
- Uncover new markets and opportunities for existing or new products
- Challenge organizations on new ways of thinking and can readily adapt to new processes and change and helps others operate flexibly
- Possess a deep curiosity to diagnose problems and provide solutions and create value for customers
- Are a self-starter with the ability to work in an ambiguous environment
Qualified Candidates will have:
Relocation Available? Yes
Job Grade: I
Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.