TITLE: Senior Manager, Marketing & Digital Communications
LOCATION: Westchester, IL
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Marketing, US/Canada
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Manager to lead the Marketing Communications team in the creation and management of the marketing communications plans for US and Canada. This includes digital marketing (i.e. website, marketing automation campaigns and social media), PR and media activities, sales collateral, advertising and trade shows plus analytics and measurement reporting on those activities. The Senior Manager, Marketing & Digital Communications will work directly with the Marketing Team, the external agency of record and other stakeholders to support the company’s overall market segment/innovation priorities, as well as other communication initiatives.
As a Senior Manager - Marketing & Digital Communications, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute, within the allocated budget, the Integrated Marketing Communications plan through a comprehensive portfolio of marketing communication, branding and demand generation tools that are differentiated, compelling and supportive of Ingredion business strategy.
- Execute our Digital Marketing Strategy. Maintain and update the regional website to ensure content is current, accurate and aligned with company strategy. Develop and implement marketing automation campaigns and other on-line communication strategies. Leverage social media channels. Define and share metrics of traffic & customer engagement using best practice reporting methodologies as defined globally and in the region. Actively monitor new technologies emerging in the space of digital marketing communication.
- Manage ongoing activities of our third party marketing communications agency and various vendors to support our communications needs. Supervise and coordinate the development, implementation and optimization of marketing communications materials including digital brand and demand generation campaigns and the content assets to drive conversion.
- Evaluate and optimize the ROI of the Marketing Communications spend, with particular focus on digital tools and content marketing/optimization.
- Oversee the company’s trade show program, determining objectives and reviewing results.
- Lead the PR program and take advantage of editorial opportunities.
- Responsible for the management and development of four members of the Marketing Communications team.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing Communications Director and the Global Marketing teams to ensure alignment with global programs and associated synergies with US and Canada
- Ensure the Ingredion messages are consistent and adhere to corporate standards & requirements.
The Senior Manager - Marketing Communications position is well-suited for you if you:
- Have a bias to lead but are highly collaborative and work well in teams.
- Show strong customer focus and approach business situations with an outside-in perspective.
- Readily adapt to new processes/technologies and change and help others operate flexibly.
- Have strong focus on detail and quality of deliverables.
- Are able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Are creative, with a good analytical skill to direct and manage digital metrics
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent required. Master’s degree in Marketing or related field preferred.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a marketing role, preferably in a B2B environment.
- People management experience required.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing communication and marketing tools, including advertising, content production and graphic design – with particular focus on digital tools. Proven success in the use of digital media channels.
- Proven ability to connect marketing and communication strategy to business growth strategy
- Excellent organization skills with demonstrated ability to manage major, complex events such as trade shows.
- Excellent project planning and time-management skills. Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on details completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with windows based software programs (i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Graphic design skills desirable.
- Ability to travel 20% including 2-3 weekends per year.
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.