TITLE: Plant Manager – Kerr Concentrates
LOCATION: Oxnard, CA
The Plant Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Oxnard operation to include production, logistics, maintenance, quality, and administration. This position will manage the facility in a manner that maximizes both productivity and profitability while ensuring that our quality standards are met and a safe work environment is maintained. This position is responsible for ensuring the processing of raw material into finished products is in accordance with internal specifications. Reporting to the Plant Manager is the Site Administrator, QC Supervisor, Production Supervisors, and Field Operations Manager.
The Oxnard Team is focused on delivering solutions that can help produce first time quality fruit ingredients in a safe and efficient manner. Join a collaborative group of solution driven employees working to deliver value for our customers.
As a Plant Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the procession of product through the entire process in accordance with internal specifications while maintaining throughput, yields and proper staffing.
- Directing and coordinating production, maintenance and distribution activities to meet customer needs.
- Ensuring all safety, quality and regulatory procedures and policies are implemented and employees are properly trained to ensure product safety and quality standards are met.
- Ensuring all production is performed according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) as defined by Kerr’s procedures. These practices must be maintained as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Facilitating regular communication with suppliers of raw materials to support the procurement program.
- Analyzing Oxnard’s current financial and operational strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and constraints in order to develop, prepare, and implement goals, projects, and policies that will enable the operation to achieve a competitive advantage in the market.
- Continuously identifying opportunities to increase output, reduce cost, and improve efficiencies through the adaption of LSS principles.
The Plant Manager position is well-suited for you if you:
- Push to continually drive personal and organizational results, take educated risks on business opportunities and benchmark external best practices to outperform the competition.
- Create a talent culture founded on a strong conviction that superior talent delivers superior results; scout to find the best people, drive performance, coach transparently, and build strong teams globally.
- Regularly identify areas that can be improved and constructively propose new solutions that increase value and improve business performance; as well as explore multiple possibilities for tackling challenges, think “out of the box” to determine the best solution.
- Proactively seek to improve knowledge of our customers, their markets and business to ensure plan delivery.
- Challenge the status quo and promote bold thinking in order to create value.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of related experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and the ability to concisely communicate objectives and results to reach targeted goals.
- Knowledge of common food processes, food ingredient functionality, and ingredient interactions a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing several projects/initiatives at one time and advanced problem solving skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Speak, read, write and comprehend Spanish is a plus.
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Kerr Concentrates is the company for you.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
Apply at kerrconcentrates.com/career/