TIC Gums is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
SUMMARY: The Manager, Quality Systems, Hydrocolloids is responsible for managing the quality assurance, supplier audit program and pest control functions at TIC Gums facilities to ensure products and critical manufacturing supplies meet all applicable government, customer, and company expectations for quality and safety
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Direct the planning and implementation of Quality Management System programs and procedures to ensure processes and products comply with government regulation, meet customer requirements and company expectations, and achieve business goals.
- Manage internal audits, customer and third party audits and audits of external facilities to ensure compliance with company, customer and regulatory expectations.
- Provide leadership, consultation and direction to all departments on issues related to product quality and food safety. Consult with divisional and corporate Quality Assurance on programs and policies that impact operations to ensure customer concerns and technical issues related to quality and food safety are addressed and corporate quality requirements are met.
- Ensure customer concerns are addressed in a timely manner. Ensure all non-conformances are documented and addressed effectively and timely.
- Manage implementation of Quality Systems for internal and external process against TIC standards including supply chain operations and customer expectations agreements.
- Work with operational units to rectify any deficiencies identified in quality systems.
- Provide leadership, coach and mentor direct reports to build their skills and decision making abilities to achieve business goals.
- Direct the evaluation, development, and training of department personnel to maintain a safe, competent and motivated workforce.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Follows all company safety rules in performing job duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree (i.e. Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology, etc.) or significant experience in quality assurance/control, operations, analytical or other technical functional area.
- 7-10 years of experience working in the area of quality control/quality assurance within a manufacturing environment, preferably in Food Ingredient Manufacturing.
- Significant experience and knowledge of GFSI schemes, ISO, GMP, and food ingredient quality control systems.
- Significant experience in managing third party audit program.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of motivating, training, developing and managing people.
- Significant experience conducting internal and third party audits. Certified Quality Auditor, Certified Quality Engineer, Certified ISO 9001 lead auditor, or Certified GFSI lead auditor preferred. Certified in HACCP or as a PCQI.
- Team management experience is required.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to lead change in a large Quality Assurance organization.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks and work activities.
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate in a team environment and build consensus in a positive manner with customers and team members.
- Strong planning, organizing, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in setting priorities and executing multiple assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work overtime and weekend hours, as needed.
This position requires domestic and international travel to vendor locations/factories and seminar and symposia, 25% to 50%.